• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Moving backwards has a rubberband-like effect sometimes

Morningstar42

Glowing Redstone
While moving backwards, the player sometimes starts doing a quick rubberband-like glitch of about 1/2 block. Once it starts, it will repeat indefinitely until the player stops holding "s" or the back button.

This comes up a lot in battle but I tested while I was doing nothing else and it still happens sometimes. I am currently only testing using the Spoutcraft client. I was able to reproduce this on flat grass (one particular patch I noticed did not happen to contain any "grass stalks" but was just flat green grass) with auto-run, regular speed, and auto-crawl.

The problem is not always easily reproducible - it seems easier to do in certain areas but I haven't found a pattern. On one area of flat grass it took several minutes to do, in another spot nearby I could do it repeatedly within a couple seconds. Another nearby area of sand, I was not able to do it after a few minutes of trying.

The 'bounceback' speed of the rubberbanding effect is determined by what run speed/mode I am using in Spoutcraft - it happens slowly when I'm crawling and is much faster when running/walking regular speed.

edit: Tested after the 4.01 patch

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I don't think that this is something we can resolve, Spoutcraft shouldn't allow for backwards sprinting as this isnt checked by our anti-cheat plugins.

Morningstar42

Glowing Redstone
Fair enough... even though I had "auto-run" on, I don't think it actually moves any faster than normal speed (anymore, they patched that a while ago)

As I mentioned, it did the same thing even if I was sneaking (I said crawling in original post).

If this is Spoutcraft specific, hopefully it'll be patched since they don't have a recommended build for 1.3 yet anyway.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Hrmm... We'll see what we can do. You can take a look at the NocheatPlus plugin and see the settings - I don't mind users stating where we can fix something if they know more than I do about something ;)

Morningstar42

Glowing Redstone
If you have a sword in hand right click it should make it stop if its what I think you're talking about

Thanks but that didn't help. I tried again, at regular walking speed and also while sneaking, using a sword, steak, pickaxe, and dirt block... same thing still happened and right-clicking didn't help with any of them.