• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Mount Skills - HotFix

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
This is a Hotfix or potentially a Fix for the incredibly broken Disengage power of mounts.
Hop on a horse, start running, and 9/10 times you are safe.

Because being in combat is determined by your actions and not by who/what hits you, all Paladins and Dreadknights have to do is kite and survive until they leave combat, then they escape worry free.

Because of the way mount hitboxes work, they usually get away. Because the horse is incredibly mobile, it usually only takes about 5-20 seconds after mounting to completely be out of danger.

HotFix/Fix:
Increase the warm-up of the mount skills to from ~1 to 3 seconds.
Increase the duration from 60 seconds to 2 minutes.

Increasing the warm-up means that even tanky dreadknights and paladins will think twice about trying to mount up to escape combat. It also allows for greater counterplay (interrupts/silences).
Lore-wise, mount skills for tanks are strong engage tools, not strong disengage tools.

Thoughts?
@Balance Team this is the new super jump (broken disengage abused by clever players)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This is a Hotfix or potentially a Fix for the incredibly broken Disengage power of mounts.

Because being in combat is determined by your actions and not by who/what hits you, all Paladins and Dreadknights have to do is kite and survive until they leave combat, then they escape worry free.

Because of the way mount hitboxes work, they usually get away. Because the horse is incredibly mobile, it usually only takes about 5-20 seconds after mounting to completely be out of danger.

HotFix/Fix:

Increasing the warm-up means that even tanky dreadknights and paladins will think twice about trying to mount up to escape combat. It also allows for greater counterplay (interrupts/silences).
Lore-wise, mount skills for tanks are strong engage tools, not strong disengage tools.

Thoughts?
@Balance Team this is the new super jump (broken disengage abused by clever players)
This doesnt sound like a bad change, tbh.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Disclaimer: this will not fix the fact that sometimes the mount skill summons a useless baby, in fact it will make that particular bug much more annoying. Therefore if this becomes a permanent fix the skill will have to (eventually) summon an adult 100% of the times.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8

HotFix/Fix:

Thoughts?

It's also the new superjump because if you entangle the horse it gets thrown in the air about 300 blocks. (Note: you have to hit the horse first, before you can root it. But it's pretty fun to have horse jumping competitions)

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Disclaimer: this will not fix the fact that sometimes the mount skill summons a useless baby, in fact it will make that particular bug much more annoying. Therefore if this becomes a permanent fix the skill will have to (eventually) summon an adult 100% of the times.
Force set horse to adult.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6

HotFix/Fix:

Thoughts?
It really isn't a disengage anymore though. I agree with the warm up though. You can't cast it in combat anymore anyways.

Avoir

Obsidian

HotFix/Fix:

Thoughts?
With the skill already unable to be used in combat and then after casting it having a 1/10 chance of actually getting a good horse makes the problem already fixed, changing anything els would make the skill worthless in my opinion.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
With the skill already unable to be used in combat and then after casting it having a 1/10 chance of actually getting a good horse makes the problem already fixed, changing anything els would make the skill worthless in my opinion.
1st of all, the skill not being able to be cast in combat is a joke and is only correct in the most literal sense. Combat is determined by your actions not what happens to you, and the two classes in question are extremely tanky and can survive easily for not only 1 sec warm-up, but often the 12 seconds it takes to summon 2 horses after the first one is a baby.

2nd of all, consider which one is better for you and for lore: A 3 second warm-up time, or an RNG aspect that not only includes mounts that can't jump 2 high and are SLOWER THAN WALKING, it also includes BABIES.

Imo, the decision is clear. Fix the baby problem, set better bounds for the RNG aspects of each horse, and increase the warm-up so that people cannot disengage without thinking.

@OxNaomi I disliked your post because the mount is already the strongest melee engage tool over medium distances that is in the game. IT DOES NOT NEED DAMAGE OR A STUN. lol.

Avoir

Obsidian
1st of all, the skill not being able to be cast in combat is a joke and is only correct in the most literal sense. Combat is determined by your actions not what happens to you, and the two classes in question are extremely tanky and can survive easily for not only 1 sec warm-up, but often the 12 seconds it takes to summon 2 horses after the first one is a baby.

2nd of all, consider which one is better for you and for lore: A 3 second warm-up time, or an RNG aspect that not only includes mounts that can't jump 2 high and are SLOWER THAN WALKING, it also includes BABIES.

Imo, the decision is clear. Fix the baby problem, set better bounds for the RNG aspects of each horse, and increase the warm-up so that people cannot disengage without thinking.

@OxNaomi I disliked your post because the mount is already the strongest melee engage tool over medium distances that is in the game. IT DOES NOT NEED DAMAGE OR A STUN. lol.
The only thing you can do with the horse atm is run away when your out of combat and this " Combat is determined by your actions" bullcrap is false. First off you should maybe play paladin in world pvp and you would know that getting horse off in the middle of a fight is hell, the only possible way is drinking a speed 2 pot and pray that you don't get hit by a fireball, bonespear or anything other ranged skill. And secondly I find that the horse is perfect how it is now(besides the fact that you get babies) it's pretty much only used now to run around the map getting to places faster. What's the point of adding the cd longer when it has no use in combat...

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
1.The only thing you can do with the horse atm is run away when your out of combat and this " Combat is determined by your actions" bullcrap is false.
2. First off you should maybe play paladin in world pvp and you would know that getting horse off in the middle of a fight is hell, the only possible way is drinking a speed 2 pot and pray that you don't get hit by a fireball, bonespear or anything other ranged skill.
3. And secondly I find that the horse is perfect how it is now(besides the fact that you get babies) it's pretty much only used now to run around the map getting to places faster.
4. What's the point of adding the cd longer...
5. when it has no use in combat...
1. edit: Franky's right, on Live Mounting is disabled after you are hit by an enemy. The horse hitbox is still OP.
2. Maybe I should play a paladin? Why, are their mounts any different from the Dreadknight I have been playing for the past few weeks? oh thats right mine are black...
3. You find that this is perfect because you are one of the clever players who "abuses" broken disengages (see original post) to be able to leave fights safely when you wish.
You were never as bad as Templar, I will give you that, Franky.
4. Mistype? No one is suggesting increasing the cooldown only the warm-up.
5. I have used this as part of combat each and every time I have fought YOU (when you were a maxed paladin). YOU have used it as a part of combat each and every time you fought ME (when we were maxed mounted classes). Is this a joke or an attempt to deceive the playerbase as to how strong of a combat tool mounts are?

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
My $0.02 on the subject:

Horses are currently the best initiation and disengage tool in HC. I'm fine with people using them to engage their opponents (That's a warriors job after all.), but it's ability to escape is too strong (Especially for a warrior.) An increase of it's warm-up is exactly what the skill needs. It turns it from a guaranteed escape skill to something that actually has a draw back.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It's also the new superjump because if you entangle the horse it gets thrown in the air about 300 blocks. (Note: you have to hit the horse first, before you can root it. But it's pretty fun to have horse jumping competitions)
If the horse takes damage, you get auto dismounted - according to @TheYeti

Avoir

Obsidian
1. YOUR Combat status is determined by YOUR actions. Explain how you disagree. Being hit by a fireball after you leave combat from taking no action does NOT stop you from using mount skills immediately after.
2. Maybe I should play a paladin? Why, are their mounts any different from the Dreadknight I have been playing for the past few weeks? oh thats right mine are black...
3. You find that this is perfect because you are one of the clever players who "abuses" broken disengages (see original post) to be able to leave fights safely when you wish.
You were never as bad as Templar, I will give you that, Franky.
4. Mistype? No one is suggesting increasing the cooldown only the warm-up.
5. I have used this as part of combat each and every time I have fought YOU (when you were a maxed paladin). YOU have used it as a part of combat each and every time you fought ME (when we were maxed mounted classes). Is this a joke or an attempt to deceive the playerbase as to how strong of a combat tool mounts are?
First off, I used it when It wasn't disabled during combat and when I was outnumbered, secondly my combat status could be determined by other players action.

Oh the great and all mighty noob Dsaw knows everything tho.