• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion More rewards for killing people in PVP

cat_8898

Legacy Supporter 5
So we all know currently when you kill a player the items in the inventory drops, Food, Redstone, Potions, Etc. That isn't much of a reward for killing players. I want a better reward for when i get kills. A reason to guard a death chest. I've already had this talk with Kainzo a little while back and he said he wanted there to be a reward and still for it not to be TOO punishing when you die. I figure since the held item which is usually a god weapon of some sort is would be the definition of TOO punishing, why not make armor drop. If armor were to drop it'd be a rather nice reward and could also make the economy flow. Between people making/buying armor because they would lose it when they died. Also if armor were to drop it'd be more fair in fights, GY running wouldnt ruin a winning fight. That has happend to me alot.

Maybe the balance team could put in some words? @Air_Restraint @Irishman81 @whiteninja1970 @malikdanab
(Just a few names that might wanna discuss)

Why not ill tag witchy ;) @WitchOnaRampage

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
So we all know currently when you kill a player the items in the inventory drops, Food, Redstone, Potions, Etc. That isn't much of a reward for killing players. I want a better reward for when i get kills. A reason to guard a death chest. I've already had this talk with Kainzo a little while back and he said he wanted there to be a reward and still for it not to be TOO punishing when you die. I figure since the held item which is usually a god weapon of some sort is would be the definition of TOO punishing, why not make armor drop. If armor were to drop it'd be a rather nice reward and could also make the economy flow. Between people making/buying armor because they would lose it when they died. Also if armor were to drop it'd be more fair in fights, GY running wouldnt ruin a winning fight. That has happend to me alot.

Maybe the balance team could put in some words? @Air_Restraint @Irishman81 @whiteninja1970 @malikdanab

I agree, but I think Kainzo likes GY running. The reason regens were made so it wasn't unfair for a disc to gy run compared to a necro.

The issue with this is that there would be no way to go and try to recover your loot before your death chest unlocked, some casters can fight without armor but this would be almost impossible for mele type classes, and going back to your base to re-supply would take too long, by then all of your items would be gone

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
The issue with this is that there would be no way to go and try to recover your loot before your death chest unlocked, some casters can fight without armor but this would be almost impossible for mele type classes, and going back to your base to re-supply would take too long, by then all of your items would be gone
so it should, you lost. you died. you deserve to loose your stuff.

zecaseo

ICE ICE ICE!
so it should, you lost. you died. you deserve to loose your stuff.

Not sure you got his point, A caster can fight acceptably without armor, perhaps even getting lucky and killing the person who killed them, while a warrior would just be crippled. Now take into account the price of leather, aaand the price of diamond/iron.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Since armor only protects from physical damage, there is the problem where mages are weaker since they don't have an advantage against an unarmored target.

cat_8898

Legacy Supporter 5
Not sure you got his point, A caster can fight acceptably without armor, perhaps even getting lucky and killing the person who killed them, while a warrior would just be crippled. Now take into account the price of leather, aaand the price of diamond/iron.
You died, regear and go back. Assuming your deathchest dropped you have soo many minutes to go back with full gear. Grave yard running is stupid anyways. #Onlypeoplewhohavepvpdwouldknow

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
I
I think the price for diamond and leather is about the same...

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
WTF, does anyone know you keep your armor and the item you were holding when you die?? if you break your armor.... you are dumb, dont wear armor or weapons that would break with one kill...

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I feel like I was one of the very few players who wanted death chests to be removed all together. Fair enough, keep it as it current is (the player who is killed keeps their current armour and held item) but having death chests spawn upon death really takes away from PVP. Now before anyone complains about this, keep in mind death chests don't spawn 100% of the time and that hasn't caused any problems? Why have a system in place where there's a % chance of it not working correctly? Why have it as players feel like they need to stay very close to the death chest to even obtain any loot from their kill?

Note; Please save yourself the 'the death chest would then become the objective to fight over' bs as anyone who actually PvP's knows this isn't the case. Having a fixed point where players feel like they need to stay just slows down PVP all together and makes it less enjoyable.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I feel like I was one of the very few players who wanted death chests to be removed all together. Fair enough, keep it as it current is (the player who is killed keeps their current armour and held item) but having death chests spawn upon death really takes away from PVP. Now before anyone complains about this, keep in mind death chests don't spawn 100% of the time and that hasn't caused any problems? Why have a system in place where there's a % chance of it not working correctly? Why have it as players feel like they need to stay very close to the death chest to even obtain any loot from their kill?

Note; Please save yourself the 'the death chest would then become the objective to fight over' bs as anyone who actually PvP's knows this isn't the case. Having a fixed point where players feel like they need to stay just slows down PVP all together and makes it less enjoyable.
deathchests shouldn't drop on pvp deaths, maybe pve deaths for mining and things but not pvp deaths. When a chests does drop you have something like 11 mins before it pops, that is more than enough time to recall, regear and get back into a fight.

cat_8898

Legacy Supporter 5

If you keep the system the way it is and theres no reward deatchests arn't needed. Change it and it'd be more fair to let the player have a shot at getting the chest back, REMEMBER if you carry a sign on you it will spawn on the chest and all you have to do is right click the sign. Deathchests are fine, but there are no rewards from them currently. AKA Why i started this thread.

deathchests shouldn't drop on pvp deaths, maybe pve deaths for mining and things but not pvp deaths. When a chests does drop you have something like 11 mins before it pops, that is more than enough time to recall, regear and get back into a fight.
Oh, it appears i did not have the correct information, for some reason i thought it was 5 mins before a death chest was unlocked, guess i deserve all of those f-palm ratings that im getting on my original post.

Avoir

Obsidian
I'm pretty sure kainzo is working on attribute armor which will be very rare and hard too find, soo when that patch comes out (if it comes out) I can see a lot of players ranging and quiting because they lost the armor they worked so hard for...

I think a better pvp solution would be that players in the pvp nation drop more medals compared to people in pve.