• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion More Player Models

x0xyber0x

Stone
First I want to say I am going to try to explain why I feel this is good, secondly I'm very shy when it comes to talking to staff.
My Suggestion is a little weak, mainly cause this Plugin would just be for fun with customization for classes or RP.

Plugin: More Player Models- A fun mod that would let players give customization to their character. As I explain I will also add link at bottom. I feel that this would add a bit of fun between players, giving them a slight feel of different races without actually having to add them. ( The Server doesn't actually need races, I feel it dose better without extra ability's. ) I want to also note that if mpm was available it might boost creativity in RP a bit.

Mpm dose allow one to be different mobs, however I am pretty sure you as staff could remove that, and sticking just to allowing custom player sizes, shapes, and other things the mod allowed.

I guess that's my case. I hope you can see my point, truthfully this mod would be a very far future thing for the server if you considered it, as it really has no purpose other then customizing your looks.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...ore-player-models-2-adds-a-character-creation

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I like this mod but don't think we need to add anything that could add lag

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
The reason the server works as well as it does (well, not all of it, but a good portion) is because it offers a very unique, non-vanilla experience from minecraft without any external client mods required. If we got this, players would have to install a mod into their client just to play. It deters players from joining, due to it not being as easy, and it also would cause confusion and burden on staff with people messaging them on the forums or making posts on how to install it.

Edit: So essentially, good in theory, not so good in execution.

Last edited:

Rhapsodist

Legacy Supporter 5
The reason the server works as well as it does (well, not all of it, but a good portion) is because it offers a very unique, non-vanilla experience from minecraft without any external client mods required. If we got this, players would have to install a mod into their client just to play. It deters players from joining, due to it not being as easy, and it also would cause confusion and burden on staff with people messaging them on the forums or making posts on how to install it.

Edit: So essentially, good in theory, not so good in execution.
Actually, no.
You don't HAVE to install MPM if the server has it. If you don't have it installed on your own client, players just look normal.

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
Actually, no.
You don't HAVE to install MPM if the server has it. If you don't have it installed on your own client, players just look normal.
Oh, well I didn't know that was possible. In that case, I change my opinion more towards what @j2gay said. I like the plugin, but with the current lag issues it's probably not the best of ideas. Perhaps if we're able to run it on the server without causing it lag, I would support it fully. Until that's possible, I'm still going to say it's probably not the greatest idea until those issues are sorted.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Sounds cool, I'll have to check it out later!

Races were something that has been talked about in the past, unsure of where Kainzo stands on it now. Though changing player sizes is never a good thing when it comes to PvP for visibility. I assume hit boxes are the same.

Who knows, this may be something we want for Adventure.

x0xyber0x

Stone
Sounds cool, I'll have to check it out later!

Races were something that has been talked about in the past, unsure of where Kainzo stands on it now. Though changing player sizes is never a good thing when it comes to PvP for visibility. I assume hit boxes are the same.

Who knows, this may be something we want for Adventure.

Yes hit box's would be the same, it would have no real effect on game play, as it would all be just for visual fun. It theory it would give the illusion of races without actually having them. The worst someone could do is make it seem like it was impossible to hit them, though I am sure that could be solved too.

Good points have been made though, and I have to agree with what both @j2gay and @jan9f said. If in the far or near future the lag problem could be fixed then I could see this becoming fun, however more mods on the servers work load isn't something I want to inspire. Well I hope that someday in the far future the community could revisit this topic, but for now I have to agree with what was said.