• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion More Mob Variety

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
1. More models, why can't we have better models? All the (non-boss) mobs in the upper tiers are skele's or zombies, and many of them share the same faces and each of them use a diamond sword.

2. More skills, and more variety across the spectrum of mobs for the 4-5 skills that exist now. Being Thrown by an Arch Mage should not feel the same as being Thrown by a Bruiser or a Guard.

Examples of more Mob skills I would like to see:

Silence effects
Slowness/Nausea effects
Bleeds and DoTs (preferably able to be Cleansed, etc)
AoE damage upon death
Time Reverse for Mobs (or another "heal the mobs" sort of effect)
Temporary Mob Invulnerability
Boss Summons Minions (think old Corrupted Pathfinder)
Anchor/Stun effects

1. More models, why can't we have better models? All the (non-boss) mobs in the upper tiers are skele's or zombies, and many of them share the same faces and each of them use a diamond sword.

2. More skills, and more variety across the spectrum of mobs for the 4-5 skills that exist now. Being Thrown by an Arch Mage should not feel the same as being Thrown by a Bruiser or a Guard.

1. Mob Diversity

I think I'd rather see a MASSIVE increase in Mob Spawns, rather than unicorns, phoenixes, and pink-dicked Chimaeras, and Creepers with a Morgan Freeman face (although the latter would be EPIC lol). You go to a dungeon, and you're gangraped by mobs that spend the entirety of the fight being thrown around and having the mobs teleport and vanish all around you while beating you senseless, as you try desperately to recharge mana (as a Wizard) after they dodge your last couple spells......but, in the Wilderness, you're lucky to encounter TWO mobs per Day/Night cycle.

I recall, on the old map (Pre-Reset), thinking that we were in dire need of a higher Mob Spawn rate. When I'm on Singleplayer, I play on HARD difficulty, and the mob spawns then make better sense, even though I'd like a bit more. Maybe an 800%-1200% Mob Spawn increase?

2. More Skills and Variety for Mob Skills
Dungeon mobs spam throw like nobody's business, and their jump makes them difficult to hit, even for a Lv20 Mage in a Level 1-9 "Tier 1" Dungeon. Now, I don't have the mathematics or intuition to predict their movements, nor the high DPS spellpower, and could be coming from the position of a mediocre gamer, but maybe they can Jump and Throw less, and attack and sling spells more???

1. Mob Diversity
I think I'd rather see a MASSIVE increase in Mob Spawns, rather than unicorns, phoenixes, and pink-dicked Chimaeras, and Creepers with a Morgan Freeman face (although the latter would be EPIC lol). You go to a dungeon, and you're gangraped by mobs that spend the entirety of the fight being thrown around and having the mobs teleport and vanish all around you while beating you senseless, as you try desperately to recharge mana (as a Wizard) after they dodge your last couple spells......but, in the Wilderness, you're lucky to encounter TWO mobs per Day/Night cycle.

I recall, on the old map (Pre-Reset), thinking that we were in dire need of a higher Mob Spawn rate. When I'm on Singleplayer, I play on HARD difficulty, and the mob spawns then make better sense, even though I'd like a bit more. Maybe an 800%-1200% Mob Spawn increase?

2. More Skills and Variety for Mob Skills
Dungeon mobs spam throw like nobody's business, and their jump makes them difficult to hit, even for a Lv20 Mage in a Level 1-9 "Tier 1" Dungeon. Now, I don't have the mathematics or intuition to predict their movements, nor the high DPS spellpower, and could be coming from the position of a mediocre gamer, but maybe they can Jump and Throw less, and attack and sling spells more???
Only reason you see more mobs on singleplayer is theres only person for mobs to spawn around, so the full concentration of mobs is on you, whereas the server has the mob cap hit and they are split around all the players. The amount of entities your asking to be placed would basically require a much stronger server, and isnt actually viable from an economic standpoint, considering the host doesnt have the power to render that mant mobs. Second, if mobs are spamming throw and already decimating you... why would more of them help? Unless your a bloodmage... basically, the xp is focused primarily on dungeons, not overworld. Better dungeon variety and quests and stuff makes the game more in depth and adds more variables. Less throws more silences turns chaos and hell into an rpg

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
The crazy throws were hot fixed yesterday. No more triple throws you throw you across the map.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

Examples of more Mob skills I would like to see:

Silence effects
Slowness/Nausea effects
Bleeds and DoTs (preferably able to be Cleansed, etc)
AoE damage upon death
Time Reverse for Mobs (or another "heal the mobs" sort of effect)
Temporary Mob Invulnerability
Boss Summons Minions (think old Corrupted Pathfinder)
Anchor/Stun effects
I'm really looking for someone to help make these changes, they are pretty simple to understand and require little to no skill to add (Just thoughts/creativity)

Want to help?

Along the lines of mob variety, this is a good oppurtunity to make the different arnor enchants more relevant. Right now, theres no purpose behind blast or fire protection... save the few wizards that ignite you and 1or 2 bosses with fire arrows. Making it so theres a few different types of wizards, one does a lot of fireblasts, (blast prot now relevant) one with icebolts (slow mechanic) and mobs that upon hitting you do a tick or 2 of fire or fire random explosions around their body would make armor variety necessary. (Although zeal armor might need nerf, proj, blast, and fire prot 3 on every piece for every damage could be a bit unbalanced)