• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

More health - more in depth pvp and pvp games?

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Is there no way to give people more health? I have a feeling the answer is yes because people wouldn't see the extra hearts unless everyone modded their jars, but couldn't there be a server mod to maybe give like double the hearts to armor and have the armor take all of the damage before the player takes any?

Pvp lasts 10 seconds if your lucky because the first person to sneak up wins. Yes, I see that it would still be the case usually but take longer, and that longer is what I want to see. You have time to realize what is happening and try to pour lava, you have time to actually switch to a water bucket and douse yourself, you would have time to open your inventory and add more food to your hot bar, and even people not prepared for a fight could end up winning.

It would make normal pvp have more room for strategies and recently a town decided to build a castle wars arena which is a really awesome idea for a pvp mini game, where when you die your team needs to try to win without you so team work and strategy will be very important. However with more health you could plan better strategies, such as someone being bait and making their team chase them and instead of dieing in 5 seconds and them turning around, they could actually lead the enemies decently far before they are taken out by bows.

Basically, if it's possible, I want to see more planning needed in pvp rather than run up and click the fastest and hopefully for this arena and other future pvp games to be as fun as they could be.

So yea, is this possible? Even if people couldn't see the hearts, I think the extra armor would be good. Again, couldn't see it, but you can't heal armor anyway so it's not a worry until it starts going away in the visible hearts.

Solace

Banned
It is not possible to increase health beyond 10 hearts. Im not a coder myself but i know that the health in the game code is a constant and cannot be increased.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
It can be increased, at least in single player. I have already seen a working mod for zelda fans, where heart containers and extra hearts are hidden in dungeon chests. You had to find a heart container to add another empty heart to your health bar but you couldn't get any hp in that heart even with food until you found 2 heart pieces to fill it, once allowing half a heart in that spot and another allowing a full heart. It allowed you to get a maximum of 20 hearts total.

So yea, it's possible, but I don't think for multiplayer it would be possible for us to SEE the difference, which is why I suggested it be on armor instead of health which we can heal, so we don't need to waste food.

FuzLogix

Legacy Supporter 7
I agree Wolf, it would certainly improve the PVP experience and possibly make it more about skill rather than luck.

I don't know if its possible to do, but I hope it is and would 100% welcome this change.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
To all those who are concerned about giving the PvP on the server a little more depth, can I perhaps interest you into clicking here?

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
We are planning an Arena in KoE between Fiore and SkyForge. There one of many different gamemodes will be minecart jousting, which basically consists of people on fast going minecarts riding towards eachother on seperate tracks with some space between trying to kill eachother with a sword. (bow versions are also possible)

I agree that pvp just is about being the one who attacked someone who didnt think he would be attacked first. Minecraft isnt really a good pvp game. There are some people who think so, and they have just been the one sneaking up too many times.

btw, Doreagarde your idea looks pretty cool. Will be fun seeing it get put into motion.