• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Monthly tourneys

macura

Diamond
I think that it would be a great if there were a monthly pvp tournament. It creates a lot of hype on the server, it brings back people who have gone inactive and gets them interested in hc again, lastly it brings back so much pvp, in and out of the arena. I remeber when we had monthly tourneys and they were unbelievably fun. HC PVP without tourneys is like baseball without the world series, it feels incomplete. Anyway i think that having monthly tournaments would be the thing that hc pvp needs to get back on its feet.

Also i wouldn't mind a rematch ;).

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
The tournament was always supposed to be monthly but it fell through due to staff not having the free time to run them.

macura

Diamond
The tournament was always supposed to be monthly but it fell through due to staff not having the free time to run them.
Danda i will love you forever if you can find the time to do a monthly tournament or try to convince the other staff members to try to revive this old tradition.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
I would support the team if the tournaments had more diverse people in it, not the same teams everytime.

macura

Diamond
I would support the team if the tournaments had more diverse people in it, not the same teams everytime.
I mean things have changed a lot, my team came in second and lost a couple people to dwarfers, natenate, lightening cape, 0xwhatevertherestis and someone else. Not sure about you but i did not see that coming. New groups have the ability to rise, umbra is relatively new to the tournament scene, and we were only one game away from winning against a team that had won previously.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
I mean things have changed a lot, my team came in second and lost a couple people to dwarfers, natenate, lightening cape, 0xwhatevertherestis and someone else. Not sure about you but i did not see that coming. New groups have the ability to rise, umbra is relatively new to the tournament scene, and we were only one game away from winning against a team that had won previously.

Wow just re-read my post, terrible english above

I would support this more if more people participated in tournaments* Not sure if this changes your answer. Other towns unlike Umbra don't participate in these events, how can they rise if they are too scared too join?

macura

Diamond
Wow just re-read my post, terrible english above

I would support this more if more people participated in tournaments* Not sure if this changes your answer. Other towns unlike Umbra don't participate in these events, how can they rise if they are too scared too join?
I think that a there could an an incentive added that would make people/groups who did not believe that they would go all the way want to compete. Something like making a thing that adds 200c to your town's bank each time you win a round, so that way there is somewhat of a prize (even if it is directed towards the players themselves) is had. This would encourage everyone to partake in tournaments, especially newer players. There would be only the risk of losing a set of gear (which most people probably lose daily to someone running around killing them) but they have a lot to gain.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Towns who are too scared to lose not joining the tournament? Well, one reason might be because they realise they won't make it deep. Because of this, their logic would be 'why waste sets upon sets of enchanted armour when we will just lose anyway?'.

Solution? Ban enchanted armour, duh. I cried a bit inside when I found out MID TOURNEY that diamonds and emeralds were allowed. Potions aren't allowed, but stamina and mana potions are? Solid logic there.

I'll say this much though, the fights lasted LONG, and it felt nice. This is the power of protection IV. It'd be nice if everyone was regularly as tanky as that ALL the time. Zombies have internal armour, perhaps players should too.

rahul4prez

Legacy Supporter 4
It's already in planning ;)
An event Admin would be the way to go, say like there is a certain time period where you can summon mobs in a certain place, you have a title and all but you can only use your Admin Commands when you're at that place at that time like every Saturday at noon

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
An event Admin would be the way to go, say like there is a certain time period where you can summon mobs in a certain place, you have a title and all but you can only use your Admin Commands when you're at that place at that time like every Saturday at noon
No, the only admins we will be having are non-player admins. It's the only way.

rahul4prez

Legacy Supporter 4
No, the only admins we will be having are non-player admins. It's the only way.
Meh, I could live like that, I guess, I want to apply for this position in the future :D I might be bored of trying to keep my money in check and etc.