• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Monthly 5v5 and 3v3 PVP Tournaments?

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Short and simple, I know a lot of people prefer the 5v5 format and that is fine, there is no right or wrong answer on that. However, i think its pretty obvious that the 5v5 format is really bad for class composition diversity, as the past few tournaments have been completely dominated by cleric, paladin, disciple, bard, bloodmage.

Is there any possibility of also running a monthly 3v3 tournament? I think you would get way more diversity of classes and tactics due to the lessened importance of group healing / support. Would also probably get more teams to show up due to fewer players needed per team.

Not saying replace 5v5, and i know this would be more work for mods, but i think it would be fun /shrug.

bfittipaldi

Legacy Supporter 7
I think that this is a really good idea. I personally would love to participate in a 3v3 tournament. A lot of people didn't participate because they couldn't find a team. The 3v3 gives chances for more teams and more people to fight in a tourney.

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
Running more than one pvp tournament a month floods the economy with large amounts of souls. I think I would prefer to alternate 5v5 and 3v3, but only have once a month.

September will be a 3v3

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Running more than one pvp tournament a month floods the economy with large amounts of souls. I think I would prefer to alternate 5v5 and 3v3, but only have once a month.

September will be a 3v3
Tone down the rewards, If That Team Wins one and proves they are the best they can do it again and still get souls adding up too a smaller amount,

Honestly I don't think Most PvPers care about the souls just the fun

@FrankyDemon1996 @RShooter2000 @xMJay @what777 @Darkwerty - You guys care more about the souls or having fun?

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
Tone down the rewards, If That Team Wins one and proves they are the best they can do it again and still get souls adding up too a smaller amount,

@FrankyDemon1996 @RShooter2000 @xMJay @what777 @Darkwerty - You guys care more about the souls or having fun?

I'd rather have fun, personally I don't care about souls, it's more fun in my opinion to have bragging rights that you won a tourney, or a fight.

Thoughts?
@FrankyDemon1996 @xMJay @w0nd3rb0y @Darkwerty @what777

Organizing events can be time consuming so I understand why @Xanipher only does 1 a month.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Short and simple, I know a lot of people prefer the 5v5 format and that is fine, there is no right or wrong answer on that. However, i think its pretty obvious that the 5v5 format is really bad for class composition diversity, as the past few tournaments have been completely dominated by cleric, paladin, disciple, bard, bloodmage.

Is there any possibility of also running a monthly 3v3 tournament? I think you would get way more diversity of classes and tactics due to the lessened importance of group healing / support. Would also probably get more teams to show up due to fewer players needed per team.

Not saying replace 5v5, and i know this would be more work for mods, but i think it would be fun /shrug.
I'm glad there will be a 3v3 next, i will actually be able to participate :)

I think 3v3's are good because you can get a team real quick, and there will be more teams for sure.

Darkwerty

Legacy Supporter 8

I srsly dont give a fu about souls seeing i already had 4k and a spawnplot... i have enough items and the goods etc etc...
I play tournements for fun and winning pvp in general.