• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Modpack problem

d3m0nc1ld

Glowing Redstone
Not sure if this is a bug or whatever but I wanted to play a bit of this with my little brother so I tried downloading this on the other computer. After spending ages trying to figure out how to download minecraft with friggen Kaspersky virus protection I was stoked that I was making headway, then I downloaded Techneic Launcher and started downloading the modpack, and got this......

"Error downloading a file for the following pack: Herocraft: Realm of heroes.

Failed to download http://resources.download.minecraft.net/ad/ad9b743a2579f0bcbc09acbbbdb6741f250b81bb

Please consult the modpack author."

And thus here I am. As of right now it is 5 am CST and I am tired as heck been trying to get this to work literally all night.

d3m0nc1ld

Glowing Redstone
so far, I've tried to delete the mod, and restart installation, and reinstalled techinc launcher. It always happens when it gets to the installing assets part of the mod installation.

On another note, this computer "does" use kaspersky for a virus protection, and it likes to try and lock up every possible connection. Had to go through a tutorial on the kaspersky website just to be able to install minecraft.

_Trains_

Obsidian
so far, I've tried to delete the mod, and restart installation, and reinstalled techinc launcher. It always happens when it gets to the installing assets part of the mod installation.

On another note, this computer "does" use kaspersky for a virus protection, and it likes to try and lock up every possible connection. Had to go through a tutorial on the kaspersky website just to be able to install minecraft.
Well, if you have minecraft installed, and you just want to play on the HC server, you can just use the hero craft IP address: play.hc.to

d3m0nc1ld

Glowing Redstone
Found a problem with the mincraft installation itself which could be the whole root of this issue, trying to figure out how I can fix it atm.

d3m0nc1ld

Glowing Redstone
yeah a problem that I had thought I had resolved earlier is still there. When I try to download Minecraft, and it gets to the part where it's about to start the launcher, it tells me "unable to start minecraft, this may be due to a corruption" however I'm certain that's not the case, as I have deleted all minecraft files and re-installed multiple times with no results. Pretty sure the whole source of the problem is Kaspersky but I got no real idea how to make it work.

_Trains_

Obsidian
You can just disable Kaspersky with steps from this site: http://support.kaspersky.com/us/6596 then you might be able to download Minecraft/TechnicLauncher. Otherwise, you might just have to un-install Kaspersky because you might have trouble downloading stuff during the future.

Last edited:

d3m0nc1ld

Glowing Redstone
Well, I found the problem, and it was with the new launcher having compatibility with my older system, had to go back to the old launcher.

Thanks for your help Trains :)

So, if you see someone with a similar problem it might be their minecraft launcher, and they just need to download the alternative launcher from the minecraft website.

d3m0nc1ld

Glowing Redstone
Well I got the minecraft problem to work, but the modpack still fails on assets, I can try to run the game without the mods, but without optifine, trying to run minecraft without copious amounts of lag on this relic is like trying to throw a fastball to the moon.