• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion ModPack/Chat suggestion

There's a really great mod called TabbyChat that is extremely useful for chat, especially when there are multiple.

Here's how it works:
It adds tabs for every channel that you have joined into. It can be customized so that when you type into one tab it will execute a command.

Ex: If I had Kainzo tab for typing private messages to him then the custom "Chat Command Prefix" would be "/msg Kainzo"

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I don't know why we moved away either, but I do know it used to drive me nuts. This miiiiight have been because I didn't know how to use it properly. I don't want to be stuck with tabs all the time and want to have the option of enabling and disabling the tab format.

Perhaps it might need to be loaded separately from the modpack for those of us who don't want it all the time?

If so, I'd love so see some simple instructions on how to do this.

I don't know why we moved away either, but I do know it used to drive me nuts. This miiiiight have been because I didn't know how to use it properly. I don't want to be stuck with tabs all the time and want to have the option of enabling and disabling the tab format.

Perhaps it might need to be loaded separately from the modpack for those of us who don't want it all the time?

I believe the mod itself may have an option of disabling itself. I know for certain that you could just use the " * " tab which acts as regular chat

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

We're going to put back in Tabby chat 3.1 - its come much further than the last time we tried it.

Kurrelgyre

Gold
Tabby chat will be coming back? I remember it being difficult for new users to learn. I'm not sure what about it has changed, but I hope it doesn't affect communication negatively.

_Trains_

Obsidian
Tabby chat will be coming back? I remember it being difficult for new users to learn. I'm not sure what about it has changed, but I hope it doesn't affect communication negatively.
Yes, tabby chat might be a problem for the newer users. We already have tons of trouble with newbies not knowing where to chat when they are talking about something, and I remember tabbychat being a huge problem.