• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Moderator Application: OrangeAngel

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*OrangeAngel's Moderator Application~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Minecraft IGN: OrangeAngel

Position applying for: Moderator

Age|Timezone: 16 (Since June 10) EST (GMT -5)

How long have you been on Herocraft?:
Since November 25th 2010.

Why do I think I would be a good moderator:

To be a good Moderator you must know what a moderator is. In my eyes a moderator is like a police officer, going around patrolling and making sure things that are happening, are happening legally. Taking care of reports from the citizens (the players) of events or people that may not be doing things legally. A moderator is still a citizen, so they must still abide by the laws set by the higher-ups (The Admins / Founders), being a moderator doesn't mean I would be above the law, and even though I would have the powers and responsibilities of moderator I would keep going as a player, following every set rule, given in the rules section of the forums, and not using my moderator powers to give me the "upper-hand"

Responsibilities of guide seem to differ greatly from mod. Moderator need to answer petitions instead of assigning them and dealing with the problems of the players, whether it is a simple theft, to large scale griefing, Moderators have much more responsibilities therefore much more trust is needed in a Mod than a Guide or a Proctor. I know I am trust-able because I have been here for over a year, I have made myself known throughout Herocraft and most people know who I am. I haven't stolen from any town I have been in, if I have that would demonstrate I am willing to lose trust from my fellow peers, which is not my goal in Herocraft, I wish to be able to help the Herocraft individuals whoever they are, to enjoy the server as I have and will continue to do for however long Herocraft lasts.

I have not ever been banned from Herocraft, this demonstrates I follow the rules. Trust is a huge part of a moderator, if you cant trust your staff members, then how can you trust their judgement, their actions, their own opinion? How would you know whether they are really 21 or 17? How can you trust they are really on Herocraft to help or hurt the Herocraft individuals. Trust is the biggest key of moderator. Trust is earned, you cant buy trust, you cant hold trust in your hand, therefore the player must earn your trust. I am trust-able, I haven't broken a rule. I may have said something that was incredibly stupid and got globally muted, but such has never earned me a ban. I haven't done anything stupid, I haven't said anything stupid lately, it shows that I have matured from when I first joined to this current date.

Additional information I would like to tell you:
My name is Adam, I am 16 years old. I am a veteran player on Herocraft. I currently as a Guide hold the responsibility to guide and help players and assign petitions to make the Moderators' jobs easier. I have been told before that Guides are to be close to the players. But being too close can cause bias opinions. I would like to have you know that the only people I have gotten "close to" on the server are mostly guides or Mods. People who are trust-able to do the right things, and not break rules. There are people I just cannot stand however, though I wont name them, so bias will form no matter who it is, I will try to keep opinions about certain people to myself and look at the information given.

I thank you for reviewing my application and taking the time to review it.
Sincerely, Adam (OrangeAngel)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*