• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

{Mod Suggestion- Smart Moving}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nater_Tater

Legacy Supporter 7
I know we don't take kindly to client AND server side mods here but I couldn't resists posting this to share with you all.

I bring you the Smart Moving mod!

This mod adds a variety of animations, some just being an improvement to already existing actions for more ascetically pleasing gameplay, to some brand new and extremely useful actions such as:

> Sliding
> Crawling
> Charged jumps
> Forward jumping (Similar to the dragoon's jump now but less powerful)
> Side and back jumps
> Faster sprinting (I question the use of this one to us, perhaps a class restriction?)
> New flying animation
> Diving
> New swimming animations
> New ladder climbing animations and climbing speed (Affected by different factors)
> Ceiling climbing (Better known as monkey bars climbing because it only works on iron bars)
> Configurable sneaking (Not sure what this does)
> New falling animation
> Climbing over walls (Better to observed in the video)

Silly editor misspelled ceiling:)

Anyway, I can see this mod helping to increase the MMO/RPG type feel Herocraft has been developing over time. If not on the main server, perhaps it could be a part of a secondary world like warshard was back on the sanctum map (it was sanctum right? I don't remember).

EDIT: Forgot to include the Minecraft forums link

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/361430-100smp-smart-moving/

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I love this mod! I don't think that it's a good match for Herocraft right now, though.

The crawling part would throw so many people off, heh. People diving through those 1-block gaps to keep your iron door shut.

Nater_Tater

Legacy Supporter 7
^ Ponies

Yes that's true, though some parts of the mod could be disabled I'd assume.

More feedback from you humans, and maybe even the "others" please :p

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
^ Yes ponies. I'm trying to cut back, though. Kainzo will never convert if we shove it in his face!

But the whole forcing-people-to-intall-mods thing is not how Kain wants things to work right now. I would like to see it for the Herocraft client, when that particular advent comes.

Nater_Tater

Legacy Supporter 7
Yeah I wasn't expecting this to be put in right off the bat but I'd love for it to be implemented with the client.

On a side note. Kain will convert... they all will...

Razael6

Legacy Supporter 3
I dont know I am pretty sure mods like these arn't allowed, well I know they are not allowed but I mean I dont think they would, but I never though about disabling some things, I have always wanted to use this mod but never have for the sake I dont want to have 2 mc jars with one HC and the other Single Player, and accidently have the wrong one on.
If they do like disable some they should leave these:
> Side and back jumps
> Diving
> New swimming animations
> New ladder climbing animations and climbing speed (Affected by different factors)
> Configurable sneaking (Not sure what this does)
> New falling animation

These still provide a big advantage to who uses it and doesn't its not a massive advantage which would make gameplay unfair. Such for ladders that means you are likly to climb slower then normal.

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
Not sure how forcing people to download a mod will work, but the mod looks pretty damn cool!

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
I have to say, this looks amazing. If it needs to be installed client side, though, I doubt it'll happen :(

Imagine climbing, jumping and sliding through the ice chains to view all of Dragongarde from above o-o
Would have a huge effect on PvP as well, especially if everyone in the game was granted the same abilities, out of those which are available.

This looks like an incredible mod, and something worth trying on Single Player. Sadly, it's just not reasonable to ask all the players to install a mod. (how many active players do we have, anyway?!)

Although the mod looks amazing, I may not get it (for SSP) because it doesn't look like Minecraft anymore... To advanced and fancy. ;)

Nater_Tater

Legacy Supporter 7
We have thousands of active players, as to making them all install it I know that'll never happen.

What I'd like to have done with a mod like this is the creation of a secondary world that employs its functions in obstacle course and pvp environments to win prizes for the main world, therefore making the mod completely optional to be able to play.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
This looks like an incredible mod, and something worth trying on Single Player. Sadly, it's just not reasonable to ask all the players to install a mod. (how many active players do we have, anyway?!)

Although the mod looks amazing, I may not get it (for SSP) because it doesn't look like Minecraft anymore... To advanced and fancy. ;)

I believe Kain said earlier that we've had 1200 unique logins in the last few days. Give or take a few hundred thanks to my memory.

Looooooot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.