• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mod App: bluejack404

bluejack404

Jack of Lapis
Legacy Supporter 8
Minecraft IGN: bluejack404
Position applying for: Mod
Age|Timezone: 29|CST
How long have you been on Herocraft?: I was whitelisted by Gabizou on May 10, 2011.
Why do you think you would make a good mod?:

If anything were to deserve an extended answer, it would be a mod application. When I think about what would make me a good mod, I would have to point to my history on Herocraft, as well as my experience outside of it.

I started playing Minecraft not long before I decided to start my own server. It was a shortlived thing because I was still rather new and, despite my use of mods, couldn't really stop hackers from coming into my server, x-raying the crap out of things, and burning down buildings made entirely of wool. It was still fun to play with other people. I can't even do single player now because I enjoy the people so much. That's when I started looking for different servers to join.

Herocraft was on the top of one of the lists I looked at, and it looked about as interesting as some two or three others. I applied to them all. I wandered the wilds of Herocraft for not a very long time before I found myself in front of the gates of Underdeep. I met Symbolite, and within minutes he had me going to work, mining some large expansion project he was building. Gtastuntdude gave me a tiny little plot, and I settled into the Kingdom of the New Earth Order. I met my queen, Xanipher, Alente, and many others. Herocraft became my home, and so many loyal, inimitably creative, and kind people became my friends.

I've enjoyed sharing this experience with everyone I've whitelisted since I became a Proctor on June 3, 2011. I labored over every application, giving full replies, offering advice, and getting to know every applicant I came across. Sometimes, I withheld applications until I had the applicant tell me a little about him or herself; I wanted to get to know them. I wanted to ensure that every person who joined Herocraft knew that they were becoming part of a vibrant and exceptional community.

I became a Guide later in order to help more. As a Guide, I enjoyed answering questions, redirecting PEs that had to be escalated and replying to those that didn't. Part of me thrilled at the gratitude of those I helped, but most of the time it was just nice to know that someone's Herocraft experience was made better because I gave that user my judicious attention. I lamented, however, my inability to deal with larger issues, such as griefing that occurred at coordinates that I could not get to without a long travel time and significant danger.

I want to do more. I've noticed lately that Kainzo has been dealing with too many PEs on his own. Given that there are other issues that need his attention, I wanted to finally put up an application--an offer to help in any way that I can. If I can lighten the load even a little bit, that'll make me happy.

Outside of Minecraft, I'm in training to work in the field of mental health. I took some time off to deal with grad school during a particularly rough semester, but now I'm back and my load is much lighter. Even when I can't be online in-game, I try to come on just a little bit to help where I can. In mental health, we have a rigorous code of ethics that encourages us to ensure the rights of our patients' autonomy, beneficence over maleficence, and good judgment. All of these tools are things I have brought to the table in my other roles, and tools that I will bring to the table as a mod as well.

For example, when I was a Guide, I received a petition that specifically claimed that a member of my raiding party was using x-ray in order to find the petitioner's chests. My response to the petition was to escalate it because I didn't feel it would be appropriate for me to answer a PM that related directly to one of my friends. In our code of ethics, that's a conflict of interest and is dealt with by consulting with a supervisor, which is what I did.

Having good judgment at all times is important to me. Consulting when I feel that my judgment may be compromised is also important. I am a stickler for fairness, and it's this quality above all that will make me an exceptional moderator.

Additional info you would like to tell us?:

I wanted to wait a while before applying, but I started to notice that there seemed to be a need. I was very saddened to see Kainzo attacked in chat earlier today because I know that he works very hard to make sure this server continues to be amazing. Wherever there's a need, I'm eager to fill it. Thanks for reading!

Neotetro

Legacy Supporter 3
I'd love to see you as part of the herocraft moderation team - I've never had a bad experience with you and I've NEVER seen your name brought up in a negative light. I know you're mature and have a great personality. Best of luck!

Kainzo

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The Player -> Mod process is a rough transition, you drop your worldly possessions and time to help moderate the server. I've always seen you as a player and I think you'd do a great job as a mod but you need to know full well what this actually entails.
As a mod you are under the lime light and you will have powers greater than players, powers that cannot be abused. People will call you out on things you have no part in or have not done.

Are you still interested bluejack404 ?

bluejack404

Jack of Lapis
Legacy Supporter 8
I sat here for a while really thinking about it. I love being a player of Herocraft; the worldly plane is not without its delicious, blocky pleasures. But, in the end, the sacrifice of my worldly self will give me the ability to do so much more good. I want to be able to make an impression on this server. And I am prepared to be scrutinized for my behavior, actual or implied. I am prepared to wield powers in the service of ideals larger than myself, selflessly and in good faith, for the service of all.

Yes, I'm still interested, Kainzo.

bluejack404

Jack of Lapis
Legacy Supporter 8
Thank you so much for your comment. I hope I can live up to the high expectations of all the people who supported me. Herocraft staff are known for their integrity and professionalism; I hope to continue in that tradition.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Uhtredarwe Please refrain from posting in people's applications