• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Mobs] Wither buff

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Suggestion;

+Ramp up the HP and damage of withers to the point it requires a good 6-8 experienced players to take down (8000/10,000 HP and deals 100 magic damage per shot).
+Ability to destroy blocks: On (as long as the blocks regen after the explosions take place that is).
+A small increase on getting better loot drops from killing them.

Thoughts;

As a town owner of a fairly active town, I want to be able to setup more town events we can do collectively. Currently, dungeons don't really pose a threat to us as we normally have a party of 5-8 players (dungeoning normally isn't fun at all, let's face it). With this being said, buffing the wither to the point of requiring a very strong team of 6-8 players would not just benefit me but I would assume it would benefit more town owners trying to set such events up to keep their town members more active.

Notes;

I really am looking for feedback from other town owners as I surely can't be the only one wanting something like this?
Yes I am aware we can PVP, but not everyone feels to need to all the time hence the PVE town

What is the current HP for summoned withers? While I agree it sounds like a great activity for townies to participate in together (I help run an active town as well), I think block destruction/regen might cause some ugly lag. Do you normally summon them in your town regions?
Dungeoning gets a bit slow for us too if we have more than 5 people, so I may try summoning one this week to see how it goes.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
What is the current HP for summoned withers? While I agree it sounds like a great activity for townies to participate in together (I help run an active town as well), I think block destruction/regen might cause some ugly lag. Do you normally summon them in your town regions?
Dungeoning gets a bit slow for us too if we have more than 5 people, so I may try summoning one this week to see how it goes.

From what I know, they only spawn with 450-ish HP. Also, if you were to spawn the wither within a active SR, the wither will not be able to destroy any blocks (I'm 95% sure on that). However if it managed to break any blocks, they should respawn within 30 or so seconds.

I haven't spawned one in my town yet as I'm saving up my wither skulls in hope of a buff and also, I need to build a suitable arena for it. Please tell me how it goes by the way.

Note - be careful with the wither, I know it's explosions can break blocks in vanilla but I'm not sure if the initial 'blast' falls under an explosion as it can break obsidian.

From what I know, they only spawn with 450-ish HP. Also, if you were to spawn the wither within a active SR, the wither will not be able to destroy any blocks (I'm 95% sure on that). However if it managed to break any blocks, they should respawn within 30 or so seconds.

I haven't spawned one in my town yet as I'm saving up my wither skulls in hope of a buff and also, I need to build a suitable arena for it. Please tell me how it goes by the way.

Note - be careful with the wither, I know it's explosions can break blocks in vanilla but I'm not sure if the initial 'blast' falls under an explosion as it can break obsidian.
Much appreciated, I'll let you know how it goes. My only hesitation is the possibility of it somehow affecting the already-buggy townships by destroying, even temporarily, a key block or chest that may screw with the SR. May take a stab at spawning it elsewhere for now...Let me know if you end up doing a regioned arena for it and how that goes.

450 hp seems like a drop in the bucket compared to its relative strength on vanilla minecraft. I have to agree that it should be at least triple if not more.