• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mobs Too Challenging for New Players?

On the topic of buffed mobs:

Recently, I've rejoined the server. As I joined after the reset, I had to repick my classes and restart. However, starting off became immensely difficult, I could not even kill a skeleton on my own with a stone sword! Thus, here is my proposal.

1. Nerf certain mobs, such as the especially deadly ones, creepers, endermen, spiders, and skeletons.
2. Possibly find a way to have mob levels scale with the player. Perhaps the first player to engage in combat with a mob could set the mob's level based on the player's level. Differing mob levels would equate to differing mob strengths, however, it should never be the case where a player cannot solo one mob.

Although my ideas may seem difficult to implement, or may be rejected outright, I believe some kind of change is necessary. These overly powerful mobs are deterring new players, myself included. If we don't take action, we may be chasing away potential players.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter

Recently, I've rejoined the server. As I joined after the reset, I had to repick my classes and restart. However, starting off became immensely difficult, I could not even kill a skeleton on my own with a stone sword! Thus, here is my proposal.

1. Nerf certain mobs, such as the especially deadly ones, creepers, endermen, spiders, and skeletons.
2. Possibly find a way to have mob levels scale with the player. Perhaps the first player to engage in combat with a mob could set the mob's level based on the player's level. Differing mob levels would equate to differing mob strengths, however, it should never be the case where a player cannot solo one mob.

Although my ideas may seem difficult to implement, or may be rejected outright, I believe some kind of change is necessary. These overly powerful mobs are deterring new players, myself included. If we don't take action, we may be chasing away potential players.

LOL I won't even go level or fight mobs at all any more because they are impossibly difficult. Cows and farm mobs have a ridiculously high amount of hp's too - 500+ hp for a cowsie ;p

but if you stay closer to spawn, the mobs there are easier. The mobs get harder the farther away from spawn you go. so like, my town is on the edge of the map, lol all the mobs there have like 2k+ hp. stay closer to spawn and they are alot easier.

Sanogono

ICE ICE ICE!
but if you stay closer to spawn, the mobs there are easier. The mobs get harder the farther away from spawn you go. so like, my town is on the edge of the map, lol all the mobs there have like 2k+ hp. stay closer to spawn and they are alot easier.
Yep, stick close to spawn and you will have a better time with the moblins. I would think the mob scaling with the players would be impossible. Also, after dealing with the mobs for a while solo, your senses become tiger-like when dealing with them, even more higher up ones. I have a little table when fighting mobs I like to use;
1. Zombies are simple. Beat them against the wall and look out for their friends, which can see you.
2. Skeletons in groups must be avoided. Lure one out and bash it against a corner so it can't attack.
3. Spiders are tough, but easily dispatched in water. Attempt to avoid unless sure in combat prowess.
4. Creepers must be killed solo. Fight on flat ground if possible. Ensure no mobs are also hunting you or coming at you. Sprint, hit 2 times with normal attack or 1 normal 1 attack skill. Also use them to chunk large groups of zombies to a small amount of health by detonating it into mob hoards.
5. Avoid Endermen if possible. Take to water if one chases you.
That's sort of my rubric on mob engagements. Hope it helps!

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

We have reduced the mob special abilities considerably on the latest patch.

sheepcrys

Legacy Supporter 3

Skeleton wasn't suppose to be easy to killed, "even with a stone sword".

I'd stay to the zombie and spiders and maybe creepers, but I'd avoid skele, baby zomb, ender and such.

As far as I know, stronger the monster is, more xp and reward it will give, but if that does not interest you, just stay near spawn. It WILL increase chance of people grind-killing you, but you will be able to train.

After leveling up a bit, the only problem seems to be a sharp curve of sorts. Earlier levels (10 and lower) have a substantial difficulty with mobs. However, people level 10 and up encounter no problem at all.

I suppose the only point for improvement would be the "curve"

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
After leveling up a bit, the only problem seems to be a sharp curve of sorts. Earlier levels (10 and lower) have a substantial difficulty with mobs. However, people level 10 and up encounter no problem at all.

I suppose the only point for improvement would be the "curve"
It's really an ever-changing balance thing. We're working on it and it's gotten a lot easier for newer players. We want the curve to spike once you have gotten sorted.

GoldenBoy204420

Glowstone
i just stick to build tactics: a door two high above the ground and the zombies can't hit me but i can hit them. A little mud hut with one block missing on the top is great for taking out a spider no matter how much hp it has. Skeletons just need a little left right left , meaning keep those arrows missing and you got them, no problem. Creepers.. .. RUUUNNNNINNNGGG :) I hope this helped

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
i just stick to build tactics: a door two high above the ground and the zombies can't hit me but i can hit them. A little mud hut with one block missing on the top is great for taking out a spider no matter how much hp it has. Skeletons just need a little left right left , meaning keep those arrows missing and you got them, no problem. Creepers.. .. RUUUNNNNINNNGGG :) I hope this helped
The part where you can hit the mobs and they can't hit you is illegal.

GoldenBoy204420

Glowstone
oh they can hit me.. their reach is the same as mine.. it's all the about timing. sorta like wac-a-mole except the mole(me) has a sword and the zed's/spiders/skeletons/witches/endermen gotta beat me more then I can beat them. Plus I can can heal in the hole, waiting until I can heal out of combat, before entering the wac-a-mole arena. If you wanna make it harder the Zed's could heal after every hit they land.

Sanogono

ICE ICE ICE!
oh they can hit me.. their reach is the same as mine.. it's all the about timing. sorta like wac-a-mole except the mole(me) has a sword and the zed's/spiders/skeletons/witches/endermen gotta beat me more then I can beat them. Plus I can can heal in the hole, waiting until I can heal out of combat, before entering the wac-a-mole arena. If you wanna make it harder the Zed's could heal after every hit they land.
Skills are a wonderful thing. Use them. Also, you have more than enough range to take out zombies before they get close enough to hit you with anything.