• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Mobs at night not spawning?

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
I spent two nights in the desert and encountered 3 creepers, 2 spiders, and 2 endermen... I spent another night on a plains and had the same sparce outcome...

Curious, where are all the mobs?

At the time of hunting, server population was low (< 30)

F3 shows brightness at a constant 15.

Curious if this is intended...and if so, why?

Thanks,

-yav

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
@Yavool, the majority of mob spawning now happens in custom-made dungeons, which are spread all over both continents. You can identify them by the ruins-type structures above ground. These are the places to level Combat these days ;).

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
It seems ironic that farming mob spawners was forbidden with the wrath of a thousand suns as a penalty on prior maps...and now it is encouraged as an exclusive means of leveling. Just sayin' ;) #mobsatnightpls2015

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
It seems ironic that farming mob spawners was forbidden with the wrath of a thousand suns as a penalty on prior maps...and now it is encouraged as an exclusive means of leveling. Just sayin' ;) #mobsatnightpls2015
Mob spawners and dungeons were not part of a planned Herocraft experience before. We're also talking about farming vs. 'raiding'.
The use of mob spawners was illegal in the past due to it sucking up overworld spawns, which was the designed way to level, while at the same time, could be easily exploited to damage mobs for you, or create a safe and fast leveling experience. The easiest way to combat this was to completely outlaw the use of them while also decreasing the EXP reward from mobs around a spawner.

Moving into Valorium, we have specially designed dungeons with spawners, which are meant for group fights and are generally not designed to be easy. These dungeons are also regioned and prevent basic exploits from players not being able to be hit, or using terrain to damage mobs.

While I see where you are coming from, (and I do not necessarily like dungeons in their current form) I do not think it is fair to relate how dungeons/spawners once were, and their current form.

Naibsel00

Iron
I believe the number of spawns is limited, dungeons are a great add on but your right there should be more than 1-2 mobs in the open fields at night. Increase the limit to mobs or decrease the dungeons?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Natural spawns have been lessened, they still spawn just not as much. Dungeons (over 50) of them exist for leveling purposes.

Ill try to increase the natural spawn to something more visible than what it is at now.

Last edited:

Corium

Stone
I'd rather see Dungeon mobs have higher HP caps with lower numbers and WILDS mobs be more plentiful, but this would detract from grinding dungeon mobs.... unless with higher HP they gave higher XP?