• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Mob Wipe at start of each night, instead of on a timer.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
Currently the mob wipe ("The forces of evil regroup") is on a timer, I believe every 45 minutes. Now the problem with it being on the timer is that sometimes it will happen during the day, and sometimes it will happen during the night. When it happens during the night, its great. Mobs spawn around you and you can get to work killing them and leveling up. But when it happens during the day, all the mobs spawn underground, and until the next wipe, there are almost no mobs on the surface, even during the night.

Now what I suggest is that a wipe happens at the start of every night, instead of on a timer. (as the thread name suggests.) This would not only make leveling less frustrating, and more fun, but also make being out at night scarier, and for a low level, almost impossible.

I was a level 5 warrior searching for mobs to kill at night. that just isn't right. I should be cowering in fear when i see the sun start to set, and then have to run back to my hut.

Kainzo

Strikerdude

ICE ICE ICE!
This is a great idea, because sometimes you can go for an hour and barley see any monsters.
Making the wipe every night would make going out at night scary, like it should be. Also grinding would be less strenuous.(on iPhone typing this sorry for any gramatical errors).

SyncStelar

Gold
Or. You can force spawn them above ground by lighting all caves in vicinity and make that place your training ground.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It doesnt matter to me when it happens - the current plugin (which is now unsupported by the original dev) doesn't have the ability to trigger it off day/night cycles.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
It doesnt matter to me when it happens - the current plugin (which is now unsupported by the original dev) doesn't have the ability to trigger it off day/night cycles.
Would it be possible to place a Daylight Sensor (that was added in 1.5) on top of Bastion Keep and have it hit a Command Block with butcher command every time a night starts?

Strikerdude

ICE ICE ICE!
that's possible
If you do decide to do the command block thing idk if you would even have to restart the server, If you do have to turn the wipe plugin off I think it would be a rather fast restart, and in my opinion totally worth it. ( again on iPhone sorry for grammar).

Amir86

Legacy Supporter 2
Currently the mob wipe ("The forces of evil regroup") is on a timer, I believe every 45 minutes. Now the problem with it being on the timer is that sometimes it will happen during the day, and sometimes it will happen during the night. When it happens during the night, its great. Mobs spawn around you and you can get to work killing them and leveling up. But when it happens during the day, all the mobs spawn underground, and until the next wipe, there are almost no mobs on the surface, even during the night.

Now what I suggest is that a wipe happens at the start of every night, instead of on a timer. (as the thread name suggests.) This would not only make leveling less frustrating, and more fun, but also make being out at night scarier, and for a low level, almost impossible.

I was a level 5 warrior searching for mobs to kill at night. that just isn't right. I should be cowering in fear when i see the sun start to set, and then have to run back to my hut.

Kainzo
I completely agree with you. Went out to mob hunt a day ago, was standing around at night and seen no mobs, even went afk for a bit and nothing attacked me, not even a creeper.

To expand on the mobs, sometimes non-hostile mobs spawn, I've seen a group of chickens spawn at night. This seems odd, at least to me. Is it possible for them to be set to spawn at day instead of night and replace their night time spawning with hostile mobs?

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
In the end this is really no different than if it happened every night. Mobs burn in the morning anyways, and any stragglers would get wiped the next night.
Just so u know, I train at night and dawn, when spiders are not aggressive and zomb and skele burn, u can train much faster in dawn, that is why I say two days a wipe..... XP

Alphesie

Legacy Supporter 6
I think it is a great idea. At most I find maybe 2 to 5 mobs each night when I search and that isn't right. Doing the wipe every night would be awesome. Mostly so lower levels can level up. Most of all since the mob arena is removed it is way harder to level up so this wouldn't be as good as the MA but it would be closer. Also my only fear when running at night is other players and mobs are basically things throwing marshmallows at you since there are only a couple.