• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Mob bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samrith

Wood
It seems that very few monsters spawn at night. I will sometimes only see 3 mobs per night, and usually I don't see any. It makes it really hard to play heroes (a system that requires grinding) when there is nothing to kill.

It is supposed to be this way? Or is this a server side bug?

Thanks,
Sam

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
This is not a bug. It is due to Minecraft's hard-coded mob spawning system.
We solve it by having frequent mob wipes which allow them to respawn. Whenever you see the message "You feel evil regrouping", that is called a butcher, and you will see many new mobs spawning.

Samrith

Wood
So we can't just crank up the spawn rate or anything? I haven't seen this issue on any other server.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
So we can't just crank up the spawn rate or anything? I haven't seen this issue on any other server.
Upping a spawn rate is probably the worst thing you do. There are no mobs because they all get sucked up by caves and unlit mines. These mobs do not despawn naturally, and that is why we do not see them above ground. If you increase the spawn rate there will be no more mobs above ground, but even MORE in caves.
We butcher the mobs to refresh this process.

Status
Not open for further replies.