• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Mob Arena

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Just wanted to bring this up on the forums since it was talked about during the meeting.

I think bringing back a mob arena with maybe a limit on time or a cost to enter would benefit the server. I've talked to many former players and they said the mob arena was one of the most fun things on the server, a way to bring towns together, and an end to the boring grind of regular leveling.

So let's talk about it, I'd like to hear what other people think about it.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Personally I loved MA's, they were a lot of fun and you didn't need your own group, you just went into LFG and said "MA at (location) anyone"
and a group would flock there.

It made leveling a ton easier, and for those that were maxed they could either be nice and help people level or try and get a group together and attempt to finish it for rewards.

As far as an MA return? I think it would allow people to master easier, thus the whole "I got killed by someone who was maxed" doesn't apply as much as they simply can max themselves in some MA's.

Also people can make money again from them. I sold my lvl 60 Paladin service a number of times.

Those are my random thoughts :D

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Comes out of hiding.

Mob arenas were a lot of fun and DG felt like an mmorpg more then any other map because of MA's and a few other features that were stipped over time.

Goes back to hiding.
I know I gave you a lot of crap. But I hope if things go in the right direction we can see you and your mates back on here.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
If mob arenas where to be brougt back, they would need to be limited to once a day or the exp rate of the mobs would need to be adjusted.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I think Mob arena's should be just for prizes and contest, AKA no EXP, or at least the free public ones should be. The EXP ones might be better if they cost money so they aren't abused...

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
I think Mob arena's should be just for prizes and contest, AKA no EXP, or at least the free public ones should be. The EXP ones might be better if they cost money so they aren't abused...
Everyone hates lvling so why does it matter, and it's not like money is a problem

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Leveling is a bitch, How about we Buff Mob ExP in PvP (Maybe put it at 90% in PvE Due to not dying as much/loosing as much exp) and then have this exp at what exp is now...

Note* This PvE ExP would be based on PvPs Exp

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Everyone hates lvling so why does it matter, and it's not like money is a problem
Its quicker to level in a mob Arena, and Kainzo displayed his fear that people could master classes really quickly by exploiting these. It would just be simpler to have a seperate one for leveling with some sort of restriction on it, and then one where the Rewards are greater for completing it.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
I know I gave you a lot of crap. But I hope if things go in the right direction we can see you and your mates back on here.
You made me lose sleep at night..

(In all seriousness you should know better I don't get offended from trash talk on herocraft)

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
You made me lose sleep at night..

(In all seriousness you should know better I don't get offended from trash talk on herocraft)
lies weewoo we know u hrdcore rager wen u play mincraft seroously dood wen u be 420 blazin then u tri to pvp and cri cuz bad and rkt by mg gg no re skrub

EDIT: how was my grammar?