• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mistyckle's Loremaster Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistyckle

Legacy Supporter 4
1. Minecraft IGN: Mistyckle
2. Position applying for: Loremasters
3. Age|Timezone: 25/PST
4. How long have you been on Herocraft?: Since April 2014
5. Why do you think you would make a good Loremaster? (Hint, Share some ideas you have):
~I love creative writing. But I believe I strike a good balance between creativity and structure. Lore and the continuity of it follows a certain structure, while also bringing in the creativity of story-telling.
~Some of the work I do in graphic design involves both of these. I take ideas, form them, then write about a business, product or event using the minimal info I have.
~In a recent document, I sent to Kainzo for a project, I had listed a series of items that would require a fair amount of lore to be written based on the server history and current lore. (If the idea is used, not sure) There was also room for other items, along with the lore associated with them.
I wanted everything to tie together, as it helps to tie the project together, give it flow, continuity and a purpose.

6. Link to a piece of work you have done (Lorewise!)
Done, had already been given, but will work up a more detailed piece and submit.

If you have no work, get with a loremaster and show interest in the team, he/she might have work you could help with.

7. If Accepted would you be able to commit to a Bi-Weekly Meeting on Saturdays at 5PM Central (server) time? Yes!

Note - All Loremasters are required to be present at these, missing 3 consecutive meetings would mean removal from the team.
8. Additional info you would like to tell us?:

Mustardmanmcgee

Legacy Supporter 3
1. Minecraft IGN: Mistyckle
2. Position applying for: Loremasters
3. Age|Timezone: 25/PST
4. How long have you been on Herocraft?: Since April 2014
5. Why do you think you would make a good Loremaster? (Hint, Share some ideas you have):
~I love creative writing. But I believe I strike a good balance between creativity and structure. Lore and the continuity of it follows a certain structure, while also bringing in the creativity of story-telling.
~Some of the work I do in graphic design involves both of these. I take ideas, form them, then write about a business, product or event using the minimal info I have.
~In a recent document, I sent to Kainzo for a project, I had listed a series of items that would require a fair amount of lore to be written based on the server history and current lore. (If the idea is used, not sure) There was also room for other items, along with the lore associated with them.
I wanted everything to tie together, as it helps to tie the project together, give it flow, continuity and a purpose.

6. Link to a piece of work you have done (Lorewise!)
Done, had already been given, but will work up a more detailed piece and submit.

If you have no work, get with a loremaster and show interest in the team, he/she might have work you could help with.

7. If Accepted would you be able to commit to a Bi-Weekly Meeting on Saturdays at 5PM Central (server) time? Yes!

Note - All Loremasters are required to be present at these, missing 3 consecutive meetings would mean removal from the team.
8. Additional info you would like to tell us?:
I have things that need to be worked on if you're still interested.

@hilltim1 @Xanipher @Kainzo

Dear important people:
First off, sorry if I wasn't suppose to post here. I just figured that since no one was replying I might as well myself. Now on to some things I would like to ask...

I know that the upper echelon (admins & moderators) are constantly busy, and I also know that you cannot possibly keep track of every other detail in Hc + the loremasters. Soooo... I'm asking if I can accept people as a loremaster or not, and reply to applications for the job, as it seems some people of late are becoming more interested in lore.

Here's what I would do:
When someone applies for loremaster, I PM them and ask them to do a job for me. If they can do it such that I am sufficiently convinced that it is a good writing, I will consider them for the job. If they however, cannot listen to my instructions and refuse to heed my advice, I will reject them.

Once again sorry if I posted this in the wrong area. Just wanted to get this issue that has been bugging me constantly out of the way. Thanks.

Mistyckle

Legacy Supporter 4
I appreciate the post Mustard. I think, at present, I will retract my application. If someone could please close this, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.