• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mini-Map Replacement Please?

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
Heyyy!!

@Kainzo @Admins

Since MacroMod & Liteloader have both been updated, and Rei's Minimap hasn't (Other than by 2 random people in the Rei's MinecraftForums.net Thread) I was wondering.... Can we be given permission to use a different Mini-Map so we can upgrade our client and still make use of a Mini-Map please?

I appreciate your looking into this for the community! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

<3 <3 Ravynn

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
Rei's is not maintained anymore so maybe we'd get some community updates but that's about it. It would be nice to have have a new minimap that's actually supported. On a side note VoxelMap just transitioned to a litemod and you can disable radar / cave mapping.

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
I mean admins can remove it. Well the server can. The current versions of voxelmap for 1.7.10 are :
Voxelmap no radar for forge ( comes with radar and cave mapping disabled)
Voxelmap for liteloader ( since liteloader offers permission support it's more reliable than the old code permission feature that voxelmap had )

The problem here is when someone would log in with 1.7.2 voxelmap which has the old code permissions. In this case you can allow voxelmap 1.7.10 + only. There's real way to detect people that currently use voxelmap on 1.7.2 anyway outside them being obvious about it, not to mention that with some basic coding knowledge even Rei's can have radar enabled in smp.

By code permission I mean there was a code you could add to the welcome message that would disable radar and cave mapping.

Last edited:

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Rei's is not maintained anymore so maybe we'd get some community updates but that's about it. It would be nice to have have a new minimap that's actually supported. On a side note VoxelMap just transitioned to a litemod and you can disable radar / cave mapping.
There were a lot of issues with it incorrectly enabling those features on server transition which is why it was deemed illegal at one point. It's worth further testing at some point though.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
There were a lot of issues with it incorrectly enabling those features on server transition which is why it was deemed illegal at one point. It's worth further testing at some point though.
Yeah, thats because we didnt have CLientPermissions enabled on server-join and that was causing issues, should be good to go now though.