• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Miner = Crafter

Lindblum

Legacy Supporter 8
"Mining"- 8.25% at level 55 ( you get 13 for every 12 ores you found, or most of the time just 12)

"Superheat"- smelt ores as you mine. This also conflicts with the 'mining skill' (-_-)

"Light"- glowstone appears under your feet (-_-) (this adds to the lag, and moving under certain blocks or jumping = complete darkness. Torches are so much better)

"Sell ORE/INGOTS" - you can just post in /ch t since ores are in demand. creating this also costs 50 coins. (0_0)

"Excavate"- (-_-) this slows down efficiencyIV pickaxes. effiv shovel on dirt is also almost 0 second. FAIL

"TNT"- yep, tnt.

I chose the wrong profession. CHOOSE ENCHANTERS INSTEAD! enchanters can excavate, scribe's breathing underwater (enchanters are going to complain to me for pointing out this!)[DOUBLEPOST=1351552409,1351551792][/DOUBLEPOST] Kainzo Apherdite

I take back at what I said on nerfing miners @ http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/herocrafts-economy.13323/ you guys nerfed it so badly

Suggestion:
Mining- 17.5% at level 55 or maybe higher,
Someone suggested Durability skill, which I think is a really great idea

Update:
This is my own honest opinion, and I, being a level 55 miner, don't think there's any big difference than being a crafter. Please do think twice before posting anything stupid. I am open to any other sensible opinions and critics.

And on tagging specific important people, I do not want to waste my time on being a Miner if this class isn't going to be changed soon. And if that unfortunately happens, I will be changing my profession to Enchanter as soon as possible.

Thank you for reading and being civilized.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Kainzo reads every suggestion, no need to tag him and the rest of the dev team.

Ontop of that, I'm not really seeing any suggestions here, just complaining.

Lindblum

Legacy Supporter 8
Jonsoon, you just complained about me "complaining" without adding any suggestion. What do you think though, about the miner class, honestly?

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Exactly. I was merely pointing out that this is a suggestions forum and you should be making suggestions on how to improve the class instead of just bickering.
I am not a miner, nor have I been, nor will I be, so do I do not have any input for the class.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
judgedread540 Might have some input about Miners.

Just for your knowledge: Chestshops cost 50c for all professions, if they were free people would make a chestshop everywhere. There is a risk with it, just like IRL business. (You also got 40c refunded when you remove it)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
"Sell ORE/INGOTS" - you can just post in /ch t since ores are in demand. creating this also costs 50 coins. (0_0)

"TNT"- yep, tnt.

Suggestions:
Mining- 17.5% at level 55 or maybe higher
Chest Shops
1. All chest shops cost that.
2.You get 40c back when you break it.
3. It allows you to sell while you're offline. Allowing you to sell more efficiently.

TNT:
We're still working on the plugin that manages this. It's still got a few bugs with it we need to fix before release but appart from that it's mostly working.

Mining Suggestion:
Personally that number is way too high. Maybe bump it upto 10-11% but no more than that.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Ok, here's my imput of the class:
TNT.

Other than getting a random diamond every 30m-1h and an extra ore for every 20th ore you mine, TNT is the only skill you look foreward to getting and using.

Excavate slows you down if you're using an eff4 pick or higher, does nothing with an eff3 pick.
After the excavate cd-fix I also stopped using this skill for mining dirt, as eff4 pickaxes does it 200% faster and has no cooldown.

As a miner I feel more like a bomberman than a guy that actually digs stuff.

Lindblum

Legacy Supporter 8
Do note that I'm a level 55 Miner, and been mining for 2+ hours everyday ever ever since.The only thing Miner has that's worth it is its "Mining" and "TNT" skill. I don't use "excavate" since enchanted picks are very much better.There is no any big difference between Miner and Crafter. Moreover, the "mining" skill can be replaced by a fortune 1 pick (Fortune 1 Pick has 33% chance). You can always swap from an efficiency iv pick to a fortune pick when finding ores/diamond.

Lindblum

Legacy Supporter 8
EtKEnn Danda I do know that you will be refunded 80% of the cost when you break the chest shop. As I've said before, since ores especially Diamonds, Iron, and Gold are in demand, there's really little need to make a shop, unless you want to charge a very high price on your goods. Danda, you must know how much they are in demand, since you're buying diamonds and telling them to everyone regularly.

And etkenn, do think twice before deciding to f-palming someone, my suggestions and critics are perfectly reasonable, and with my 55 levels leveled in miner, I am undoubtedly credible.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
EtKEnn Danda I do know that you will be refunded 80% of the cost when you break the chest shop. As I've said before, since ores especially Diamonds, Iron, and Gold are in demand, there's really little need to make a shop, unless you want to charge a very high price on your goods. Danda, you must know how much they are in demand, since you're buying diamonds and telling them to everyone regularly.

And etkenn, do think twice before deciding to f-palming someone, my suggestions and critics are perfectly reasonable, and with my 55 levels leveled in miner, I am undoubtedly credible.

Suggestions? I only saw complaining and a few suggestins added at the end (Those suggestions were poorly written with little info about htem)

Lindblum

Legacy Supporter 8
Suggestions? I only saw complaining and a few suggestins added at the end (Those suggestions were poorly written with little info about htem)

I am pointing out several critical flaws of the Miner class. Instead of you ranting on about me not 'giving' any suggestions, I suggest you post something more clever next time.

Lindblum

Legacy Supporter 8
Exactly. I was merely pointing out that this is a suggestions forum and you should be making suggestions on how to improve the class instead of just bickering.
I am not a miner, nor have I been, nor will I be, so do I do not have any input for the class.

Exactly, since you're not a Miner and will never be one, I'm the one who's at a severe disadvantage being a miner class. I want to fix this as much as other miners, and if I am tagging several specific and important people to hasten this up, I will do so. And if you're only going to rant on and on about me tagging people and not giving any suggestions, please Leave and bother someone else. I do not want to waste more time on you.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Exactly, since you're not a Miner and will never be one, I'm the one who's at a severe disadvantage being a miner class. I want to fix this as much as other miners, and if I am tagging several specific and important people to hasten this up, I will do so. And if you're only going to rant on and on about me tagging people and not giving any suggestions, please Leave and bother someone else. I do not want to waste more time on you.
If anything, tagging staff will only slow down the process. As I already said and Kainzo backed me up, it is unnecessary to tag staff. My entre purpose of being in this thread was to get you to make suggestions instead of complaining - it gets you nowhere.

Lindblum

Legacy Supporter 8
Ok, here's my imput of the class:
TNT.

Other than getting a random diamond every 30m-1h and an extra ore for every 20th ore you mine, TNT is the only skill you look foreward to getting and using.

Excavate slows you down if you're using an eff4 pick or higher, does nothing with an eff3 pick.
After the excavate cd-fix I also stopped using this skill for mining dirt, as eff4 pickaxes does it 200% faster and has no cooldown.

As a miner I feel more like a bomberman than a guy that actually digs stuff.

Yeah, I've also tried it on dirt blocks, it seems that using an enchanted tool, even an enchanted pickaxe is faster than 'excavating' on dirt. On the other hand, I haven't been so lucky with getting diamond out of stones. I did get a diamond once, when I was level 40 ish.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
consider changing excavate to PowerPick for x duration your pick takes no durability loss.
perhaps make it where if an ore is mined by tnt it has a high % of increasing drops.
superheat should not occur while mining but usable while holding the ore in your hand, basically for a duration your hands act as a furnace.
what you think? any of these sound good/better?
not sure if they are codable but might as well put the suggestions out there

Lindblum

Legacy Supporter 8
consider changing excavate to PowerPick for x duration your pick takes no durability loss.
perhaps make it where if an ore is mined by tnt it has a high % of increasing drops.
superheat should not occur while mining but usable while holding the ore in your hand, basically for a duration your hands act as a furnace.
what you think? any of these sound good/better?
not sure if they are codable but might as well put the suggestions out there

Your idea on changing the excavate skill is actually a pretty good idea. I support this.
For the tnt, miners never mine with tnts, since they're pretty expensive to use, and risky to both the users and the ores.
For the superheat, while it helps to not affect losing the chance of the 'mining' skill, it will still be one of the worst skills ever. Think about it, why would anyone waste their time becoming a furnace, and not able to do other things.
But you have a very great suggestion you got there, for the durability skill, i think it will also be fairly easy to code, imo.

faredX

Gold
Enchanters huh..
I chose enchanter as a profession.
The lack of skills are quite disappointing.
Other then basic ones such as placing lava,
Enchanters are only capable of enchanting.
Perhaps more skills should be added?
Such as selling enchanted tools,
and more natural skills too.