• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Minecraft for that Mac - Halp?

BlackOhso

Legacy Supporter 6
Can a fellow hook a brotha up with a minecraft w/mods for mac or help me with gettin dem mods for my mac. i am new to the mac famiry and im totes lost.

@kindherocraftcommunity

macura

Diamond
I am in the same boat, i typically just get someone with a pc to send me their mc, then i take the folders out and add a new minecraft folder so that they are compatible, doesn't always work that great and it takes forever. Not great with comps.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
The jar installers that Minecraft uses these days should auto install on Macs as well, since they have no problem with jars. Just go to hc.to/modpack and download the manual installation near the bottom right above all the giant red text. Run the two jar files inside to install the prerequisites then manually move the rest of the required files from the mods folder into your own mods folder.

I do not own a Mac but as I said the jars should work fine so hopefully this will work for you guys. If not, surely you can find the answers you need through a google search of how to install mods the new way on Macs.