• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Minecraft becoming too easy/not feeling like minecraft anymore?

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
It seems like with 1.8 minecraft has gotten way too easy. Mobs are no longer challenging with critical hits and sprinting+hitting, mushroom soup, which used to be the hardest food item to get is now one of the easiest, requiring just a mushroom and some bonemeal to make giant mushrooms which can be turned into regular shrooms. Also with the addition of these "experience orbs", I think they would be pretty cool for herocraft but for vanilla minecraft? Not so much, it doesn't fit the Minecraft style.

One of the biggest reasons I got minecraft was that it was so simple. That was one of the things that made it fun for me. Now I no longer see the simplicity in it anymore.

G4M3R_117

TNT
If they nerf the bow so its not as powerful as a diamond sword, make it so skele's shoot a bit quicker remove crit hits then I think the challenge would be back but it would feel..>Empty still notch has to get Npc's up or MC just feels unfinished right now.

I think that it is at an alright level at the moment. Notch has hinted that in 1.9 he might add breathing (you will have to press 'q' then 'e' every couple of seconds or you will start to suffocate) I , personally, feel that breathing would be too realistic for a game that was originally just placing and removing blocks.

Endermen are too weak at present.

I also think that a cool mob would be a flying one, possibly like the wraith in Mo' Creatures. Adding more powerful mobs that actually stop you from wanting to go outside at night with no sword/armour. I have had many a time where I have been able to just walk around at night and not risk death at all.

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
I think that it is at an alright level at the moment. Notch has hinted that in 1.9 he might add breathing (you will have to press 'q' then 'e' every couple of seconds or you will start to suffocate) I , personally, feel that breathing would be too realistic for a game that was originally just placing and removing blocks.

Endermen are too weak at present.

I also think that a cool mob would be a flying one, possibly like the wraith in Mo' Creatures. Adding more powerful mobs that actually stop you from wanting to go outside at night with no sword/armour. I have had many a time where I have been able to just walk around at night and not risk death at all.

Breathing? That would never happen.

toadsworth29

Legacy Supporter 3
One of the biggest reasons I got minecraft was that it was so simple. That was one of the things that made it fun for me. Now I no longer see the simplicity in it anymore.
The biggest for me is because you made me. (Good call.)

RandomAcronym

Legacy Supporter 6

I would kind of like that in a hard/realistic difficulty setting.

you MUST sleep at night,time is only x2 faster when sleeping stuff like that so you can brag about your "zzzzzz...." achievement get :D

A few people on the Minecraft Forums have asked if Notch can add seasons (similar to the seasons mod). I think having stuff like actual days, maybe a calender you can craft and then hang up on your wall or a proper clock you can hang up. They would make minecraft more realistic, and thirst.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
I love the idea of seasons and things you can hang- especially the idea of a calender so you can track how long you've been at a particular world/general flow of time stuff to put things in perspective. I'm also curious when he'll finish lanterns- or find any other way to make having full, safe lighting not require a crap-ton of ugly looking torches.

If notch adds lanterns to the game they will probably be a toch with some glass and iron ingots yes?

If that is the case I will just stick with Jack O Lanterns. Cheaper to get and they would work underwater still.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
If notch adds lanterns to the game they will probably be a toch with some glass and iron ingots yes?

If that is the case I will just stick with Jack O Lanterns. Cheaper to get and they would work underwater still.
I remember that Lanterns would have been infinite lighting and use something from the nether, they were supposed to be added in on the Halloween update but nooooooo, he postponed it.

Also torches would eventually burn out and you'd need to relight them with a flint and steel. of course, all current torches would turn into lanterns as Notch would've added in a new block and alter the recipe etc. blah blah blah.

Mitchodak

Glowstone
so in the seasons mod do Biomes Expand during Different seasons?

Taking as winter Moves in the "Snow" biomes Grow up to 2X the size they are normaly
and when Summer rolls in they shrink to 1/2 their size and Deserts grow to 2x the size ?

Vanilla minecraft is becoming quite tame now. More powerful mobs need to be added or survival players will get bored.

The seasons mod has it similar to that, it also makes it so that it hurts you if you spend too much time outside when it is snowing (if you do not have armour on). And that if you don't wear shoes on sand when it is summer the sand hurts you. There are other additions to it but those are the main ones I remember that affected me the most.

RedKhan

Soulsand
Only thing that's made mobs easier since 1.8 is the fluctuating lag that sometimes slows them down ;)

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
I didnt read all the posts, but I agree with you about the experience orbs, also the npc villages, i feel like minecraft used to be a game that you could interpret on your own, but now we are being forced to think differently about the game because of pre-made villagers/whatever experience orbs would get you.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Giving the game a little back bone isnt a bad thing. We've doing this for several months already and it hasnt turned out bad. It is a creative style game but that also gets really stale.

I think they should add a lot more items and blocks. The gameplay at the moment is progressing at a steady rate but people are running out of new things to do.