• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Microsoft to purchase MineCraft

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Could be worse. Could've been EA
Edit for funnzies
okay_o_3065935.webp

ea-and-battlefield-4-in-a-nutshell_o_2503379.webp

Ultanian

Portal
I don't think any of this has been confirmed yet, it's all rumors that's been on /r/minecraft for two days now... 2 billion dollars is quite a bad deal for Microsoft considering how most people already have the game.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I don't think any of this has been confirmed yet, it's all rumors that's been on /r/minecraft for two days now... 2 billion dollars is quite a bad deal for Microsoft considering how most people already have the game.
But think for a second, it's Microsoft. If they indeed do purchase minecraft, I'm guessing they will start charging some sort of fee, or push a bunch of purchasable items/addons. There is still a ton of money to be made from it.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
But think for a second, it's Microsoft. If they indeed do purchase minecraft, I'm guessing they will start charging some sort of fee, or push a bunch of purchasable items/addons. There is still a ton of money to be made from it.
Was just about to say this, haha.

Sorry, but I'm not sure if I want to pay a monthly fee for Minecraft. Also, would this mean the END OF MAC SUPPORT???

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Was just about to say this, haha.

Sorry, but I'm not sure if I want to pay a monthly fee for Minecraft. Also, would this mean the END OF MAC SUPPORT???
Nah, it means end of PC support and MC 2 will be exclusively for Xbox One.

Ultanian

Portal
And in doing that they will lose thousands, maybe even millions of players.

MCderpy12

Legacy Supporter 3
I am concerned about this, as IF Microsoft does buy mojang, the game would either get much better, or much worse. And as, I would believe a large quantity of the minecraft player base, I am fearing the latter.

However Microsoft do also have the potential to make minecraft even better.

I guess we will just have to fasten our seat-belts and see where this roller coaster leads us.

~MC

lucky644

Legacy Supporter 4
Microsoft is purchasing Mojang to bolster their mobile revenues. They want Minecraft for Windows Phone.

Ultanian

Portal
It's official and confirmed.... Plus notch is leaving Mojang with his lump sum of 2.5 BILLION dollars...