• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mercenary contract

like or dislike the idea of mercenarys

• Love

Votes: 3 42.9%

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • I dont care

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Dislike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ( insert foul words) Hate

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lord_Orchid

Legacy Supporter 7
i've seen people "Selling " themselves on trade so a thought occurred to me. why not?
so since i was bored and had this idea i have come up with a simple mercenary contract standard issue.
basically it ties the merc to the master for 1 week and the merc is loyal to the master and only the master( but the merc has the right to deny involvement in fights against the mercs own town but hey may not harm the master)
standard pricing i believe would be 5c for level 0-9 50c for 10-19 so on 300c for lv 60 ( combat class lvl) per week
now for the actual writing

Terms. I
i agree to fight for my master.
i agree to protect and serve my master.
i agree to be loyal to my master.
i agree to do what my master asks of me.
i agree to heed the call of my master .
i will not harm my master for any reason unless ordered by my master.
i will not serve more then one master at any given time.
i will obey these terms until my contract expires.

Rights II.
i have the right to deny involvement in battles towards my town.
i have the right to deny doing suicidal acts.
my items are mine alone my master may not take what is mine.
i have the right of one free day where i will not be called by my master.

Failure to carry out Terms III.
should i fail to follow the terms laid out i will suffer one of the following punishments.
Death by lava three times.
Pay a fine which is equal to twice my original payment

Sec IV.

Signed_____________________ Date: / /
Master_____________________

again i only did this cause i've seen people selling themselves on trade and was bored
if you like it use it if not i don't care just seeing what people would think :p .

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Lightbulb! New scribe skills.
Contract: scribe writes a contract binding a merc and master for a set amount of time and gets 10% or a percent set by the scribe agreed with by the merc and master of the mercs pay
Gives scribes a way to make money and makes more people want to be a underpopulated spec also here are some more ideas
Constitution: towns would require a constitution written by a scribe before starting
Treaty's of peace and war: Scribe could write a treaty between guilds or towns stating certain rules and if not upheld there would be a price or penalty set by the scribe

Lord_Orchid

Legacy Supporter 7
bob....... Wonderful idea i completely forgot about scribes that would definitely populate that profession

Lord_Orchid

Legacy Supporter 7
meh the later posts yes the first post no cause i was just bored. so since i was bored and this could be applied to trade( if i was buying mercs), suggestions, or general i felt general was the better choice since i wasn't suggesting anything just asking for opinions on what i did while i was bored

MegaRain95

Stone
Failure to carry out Terms III.
should i fail to follow the terms laid out i will suffer one of the following punishments.
Death by lava three times.
Pay a fine which is equal to twice my original payment

I don't think punishments should be designated like this. Perhaps it should be negotiated between the mercenary and master. Also, maybe there should be a mercenary profession, in which, with the help of a scribe, would get about 1 coin for each kill that damages the master.

Holidaze

Gold
I absolutely love the idea of a Merc system, however I think no addon is truly needed for it. I played Darkfall and am currently testing Darkfall: Unholy Wars, and mercing has been a huge impact on the game since release of the original. Running a smaller clan that just mercs for other clans that are in need of some PvP defense is one of the absolute best things you can have going on in a open world sandbox PvP game. Would love to see this idea implemented more into the server by the players themselves.

Lord_Orchid

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't think punishments should be designated like this. Perhaps it should be negotiated between the mercenary and master. Also, maybe there should be a mercenary profession, in which, with the help of a scribe, would get about 1 coin for each kill that damages the master.
this is just a quick write up contract but yes a different arrangement can be made between mercenary and master though i don't quite get what you mean by each kill that damages the master. as for you holidaze i meant it to be player run though a scribe skill to boost scribes potential would be interesting