• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Memories of bastion.

Vongard

Legacy Supporter 7
My favorite memory on this map has to be when all of Legacy moved out of my personal region in that cave to make legacy and EVERYONE kept raiding us. So in the middle of the night we paid someone below level 10 to build a gigantic box made of anything we could find (stonebrick, dirt, gravel, sand, wood, cobble stone) and then built our castle inside the box. Named the beautiful structure RiseAgainst V2(Rise Against was a town in Dragongarde that looked similar to our monstrosity) and then almost immediately got told by Danda i had to tear it down within 48 hours.

It was funny as fuck XD

dingytoothpaste

Glowing Redstone
You two just summed up the good and bad points of the restart. Whatever happens I'm sure it will be a fun experience, just the thought of all that time arguably being wasted was a big blow when I first found out but, any ways I'm over it now and looking forward to the future! I'll be seeing you guys on the field! :)

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I got lucky and joined the map a week and a half after it reset. I was bored with my previous server and stumbled on this one. I immediately went on a search to find a 'good town', one that had a lot of members and didn't suck. I ended up joining Braavos and started to adjust to getting to know an entire server of new names. The hardest part was keeping track of players I SHOULDN'T kill, and not those who I should. I honestly don't know how new members of LO cope; half the server are their allies.

Anyway, things were going fine enough until I convinced my friend @I_Love_Miners to play minecraft and on HeroCraft. Naturally, we wanted to be in the same town so he applied to Braavos twice, and got denied twice. The reason was because he had too much of an advanced sense of humour for @Jonsoon to comprehend. In retaliation, disgusted at how much of a dweeb Braavos' mayor was, I left Braavos and joined Genesis.

To spare @ZenZiggy the humiliation, I'll just paraphrase my time on Genesis as being... shit. After about 3-4 weeks of Miners and I drowning in Genesis (it was a sinking ship, after all) I was secretly trying to find a town that was swerve enough for us. I had my bags packed and nearly ready to go to Gravkoc until a fella named @lumont private messaged me asking if I can spawn animals in his town. I agreed and made my way to his town, Umbra. When I got there it was full of derps just derping around hitting each other with a loaf of bread. I asked Lumont what he wanted to do with all of the cows and he said, and I quote "we need milk to make cookies".

I told Miners about Umbra, we decided to give it a go. We didn't even have to apply and we got ACCEPTED!!! At first I was skeptical that I'd last long in Umbra because the level of derpiness was too damn high. Slowly but surely, Umbra consumed me and I too became a derp.

So in summary, my best memory on Bastion is when I became Mom.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
To be honest, one of my most favorite memories was back when Malkier was still being built. I didn't know a lot of people so I minded my own business while training and helping Malkier grow. I was training once near Malkier when a wizard attacked me (I can't remember his name) so I ran for my life, I eventually found myself in the ocean directly East of Malkier. I was a mystic at the time so I used gills and sank to the bottom where he couldn't touch me. Within a minute I had all of Malkier running out to help me. xD

I know this will sound crazy but I also enjoyed the times when Firebus raided Malkier, it always made things more excited, especially when he had to run for the hills after fighting me (I was a mastered old bloodmage ;)). Like I said, while I kept quiet and gladly farmed for Malkier, a few people made it really enjoyable for me.

@Torod @ben127127 @Morningstar42 @Captain_Kace @RaekinTheBored @MsGigi @JacobBurkey @Darkwerty @Vexxer115 @MajorasMask

And of course how could I forget, bravely fending off raiders from Oakenshire, Wyntervale, and Demonswood!

Ah yes, Oakenshire and Wyntervale. Good times, good times.

I loved building those giant TVs.

Being with LO at the begining of the map was also great. :)

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
My favorite memories from Bastion...

1. Working on my castle and being killed daily by FuturizedHandgun. I hated him at first, but then realized it was my fault for being a target. I joined LO shortly after that.

2. Being part of LO - fun times chatting with everyone and knowing if someone came and messed with Verstad all I had to do was say something and 6+ pvpers showed up and chased them off.

3. Building Ched Nasad. It didn't turn out completely how I wanted and we never got to build our giant spider, but building and being a mayor of your own town is an experience everyone should enjoy at least once.

4. My first time in the Nether being chased by Ghasts shouting "Kill You"

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Nothing massive really happened this map besides @HolyRane helping me form the most active kingdom to date for like a week or two. That and my time in Umbra was pretty boss, but I've said that on another thread.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
No time for screenshots, so you get stories instead!

Thinking back, I think one of my favorite moments was when we first formed Newerth. It didn't look anything like what we have today, and we had a ton of active members, almost too many. We easily had about 50 active members and during most hours of the day had atleast 30 online. I would see people walking around in the streets of the city simply because that's what they did and this is where they lived. It wasn't like the ghost-town feel most towns have today (being raided or not), it was simply unreal. Never thought I'd walk down the road in my town on Herocraft and meet a friendly stranger who was in the same town. It was that huge.

Another fond memory I have is when I found a hole on the outside of Jericho. It was a hole in the glass about 1widex2tall and our wizard was easily able to blink into the hole, walk inside and GTP. Inside we were met with no resistance (they were all offline) and only a couple of chestrooms were open. One of those chest rooms belonged to KleenX and bulls40. They only had one LWC and their chests were all uncovered. We deconstructed an entire double chest of gold shovels, and several chests of iron armor and tools.

It was a huge effort, as each double chest was basically full, even if it was of a single resource like gunpowder or redstone. it took 5 of us to empty out all the loot we wanted and we took three trips back to OS and back into Jericho due to full inventories. Everything we didn't want was burned in the lava pit found in that room. We left absolutely nothing behind, it was glorious!

Rrrh83t.png

Unfortunately there were many other rooms in Jericho we could see, but they were blocked off and we couldn't get into them.

The lesson to be learned: Cover your chests, and secure your town.
I take that lesson very seriously and that is why I've never been robbed during the entire time of Bastion.

Warmachinexp

Legacy Supporter 3
My best PvP moment has to be when I was a mastered Dragoon and ran over to the Kingdom of OS. After running around looking for a fight and admiring the town of Newearth @Drastikos started shooting fireballs at me. Seeing as he was only like a 45 Wizard I knew I could kill him so I figured it was a trap. Being blood hungry I dropped down and quickly put him out of his misery and sure enough Xexo and a few other low levels showed up. So sure enough being the noob I am I superjumped over the walls and sure enough Xexo followed. The chance of a half health goon beating a pally are very low so naturally I managed to run away super jump onto a Pylon and recall. The best part of the whole chase was @xexorian pillaring up to try and stop me and being right at the top when recall went off :)

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
My best PvP moment has to be when I was a mastered Dragoon and ran over to the Kingdom of OS. After running around looking for a fight and admiring the town of Newearth @Drastikos started shooting fireballs at me. Seeing as he was only like a 45 Wizard I knew I could kill him so I figured it was a trap. Being blood hungry I dropped down and quickly put him out of his misery and sure enough Xexo and a few other low levels showed up. So sure enough being the noob I am I superjumped over the walls and sure enough Xexo followed. The chance of a half health goon beating a pally are very low so naturally I managed to run away super jump onto a Pylon and recall. The best part of the whole chase was @xexorian pillaring up to try and stop me and being right at the top when recall went off :)
I think I was there for that! Talk about a narrow escape. Reminds me of a similar story where I went into an os pylon and a soon as I blocked off one of the holes some guy tried swinging at me. so I pillared up inside to dodge pulse and ported to spawn. had a funny /tell Congo after, I guess he was chasing me, no idea!

Zephael_

Legacy Supporter 3
I had my bags packed and nearly ready to go to Gravkoc until a fella named @lumont private messaged me asking if I can spawn animals in his town. I agreed and made my way to his town, Umbra. When I got there it was full of derps just derping around hitting each other with a loaf of bread. I asked Lumont what he wanted to do with all of the cows and he said, and I quote "we need milk to make cookies".

I told Miners about Umbra, we decided to give it a go. We didn't even have to apply and we got ACCEPTED!!! At first I was skeptical that I'd last long in Umbra because the level of derpiness was too damn high. Slowly but surely, Umbra consumed me and I too became a derp.

So in summary, my best memory on Bastion is when I became Mom.

That is honestly such an adorable story XD

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Hanging out with haxnn, bedwyr, and bfit in belegost. Being richer than bfit (I know right) and loaning him money.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
looting graavok twice, pitfall traps at umbra, telling towns they were sinking ships giving the mayor a complex

theyre aint no party like an umbra club party. I'll just say that

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
One of my memories from the later parts of the map. I was in a party of 6-7 freeps and we were hanging around Forestspires. We spotted some OS people and gave chase, but there on top of the Kingdom walls of OS a full party stood waiting for us and we skirmished it out. Then @MrFly007 superjumps up and knocks down 4 OS members with Tremor, including @xexorian All of them were quickly taken care of by the rest of us waiting below the walls. Then MrFly and some other goon in our party kept superjumping up and knocking people down untill we had killed all of them this way. Fun times.