• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Melee debuff class (Overlord)

Junarcel

Legacy Supporter 3
Hey wazzup hello,
I'd like your opinion before I start typing out all of this class' abilities

So I felt like we were missing a melee debuff class, so I've come up with an Idea for one.
It's called the Overlord, the lead of the charge
It'd be a warrior class that focuses on debuffing and applying bleeds on the enemy, so that the other team members can take them on more easily.

The Overlord:
  • The Overlord would use swords as it's main weapon.
  • Their armor would be balanced, full chain and an iron chestpiece.
  • The Overlord is designed for team fights
  • The Overlord applies marks on their enemies, making them more vulnerable to attacks.
Some Overlord only skills (I'm excluding the basic skills like bash etc, just to give you an idea of the overlord's skills):

• Bleeding Mark (30sec cd): You mark your target to take 10% more damage from you and your team's damage over time skills for 20 seconds
  • Uppercut (16sec cd): you violently impale your target with your sword, causing them to take 50 damage every 5 seconds. Lasts 10 seconds.
  • Open wound (30sec cd): You expand your targets wounds, making the bleeds applied on the target last 30% longer.
  • Revealing Mark (25sec cd): You reveal your target's weak points, causing your teammate's projectiles to deal an additional 20% damage to the target for the next 15 seconds.
  • Threatening shout (30sec cd): You Shout fear into your enemies, causing your target and any player within 3 blocks to cower in fear for 2seconds. They are unable to move/use skills during this state.
  • Reversal (30sec cd) The next skill used on you within the next 10seconds, will be reflected towards the caster.
  • Ignore the pain (5min cd): for the next 10 seconds, you will absorb any damage dealt to you, restoring 50% of the damage taken. (cannot gain more than 300 health from this effect.
  • Stand tall (25sec cd): You breathe courage into your team, causing them to deal an additional 25% damage to all targets. lasts for 12 seconds.
(Please note that these skills arent the final product, just a start.)
So yeah, these are some of the skills I came up with. There is more, But this is just to give you an idea of the class.
I'd love to hear what you ppl think about this suggestion.:rolleyes:

Have a good one,

Last edited:

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Hey wazzup hello,
I'd like your opinion before I start typing out all of this class' abilities

So I felt like we were missing a melee debuff class, so I've come up with an Idea for one.
It's called the Overlord, the lead of the charge
It'd be a warrior class that focuses on debuffing and applying bleeds on the enemy, so that the other team members can take them on more easily.

The Overlord:
  • The Overlord would use swords as it's main weapon.
  • Their armor would be balanced, full chain and an iron chestpiece.
  • The Overlord is designed for team fights
  • The Overlord applies marks on their enemies, making them more vulnerable to attacks.
Some Overlord only skills (I'm excluding the basic skills like bash etc, just to give you an idea of the overlord's skills):

• Bleeding Mark (30sec cd): You mark your target to take 10% more damage from you and your team's damage over time skills for 20 seconds
  • Uppercut (16sec cd): you violently impale your target with your sword, causing them to take 50 damage every 5 seconds. Lasts 10 seconds.
  • Open wound (30sec cd): You expand your targets wounds, making the bleeds applied on the target last 30% longer.
  • Revealing Mark (25sec cd): You reveal your target's weak points, causing you teammate's projectiles to deal an additional 20% damage to the target for the next 15 seconds.
  • Threatening shout (30sec cd): You Shout fear into your enemies, causing your target and any player within 3 blocks to cower in fear for 2seconds. They are unable to move/use skills during this state.
  • Reversal (30sec cd) The next skill used on you within the next 10seconds, will be reflected towards the caster.
  • Ignore the pain (5min cd): for the next 15 seconds, you will absorb any damage dealt to you, restoring 50% of the damage dealt to you. (cannot gain more than 600 health from this effect.
  • Stand tall (25sec cd): You breathe courage your team, causing them to deal an additional 25% damage to all targets. lasts for 12 seconds.
So yeah, these are some of the skills I came up with. There is more, But this is just to give you an idea of the class.
I'd love to hear what you ppl think about this suggestion.:rolleyes:

Have a good one,
So it's a bard version of a dread knight? Or a dread knight version of a bard?

Junarcel

Legacy Supporter 3
So it's a bard version of a dread knight? Or a dread knight version of a bard?
It'd be kind of like a bard, but a melee fighter debuffin' the opposing team, so his own team can fight them more easily. Bards buff their team, where as the overlord applies marks and debuffs the enemy, less team buffing, more enemy debuffing. I thought it'd be nice to have somewhat of a more bulky debuffer, besides a squishy team buffer. They might do less melee damage, but they can last longer

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I
It'd be kind of like a bard, but a melee fighter debuffin' the opposing team, so his own team can fight them more easily. Bards buff their team, where as the overlord applies marks and debuffs the enemy, less team buffing, more enemy debuffing. I thought it'd be nice to have somewhat of a more bulky debuffer, besides a squishy team buffer. They might do less melee damage, but they can last longer
I re-wrote a class concept called "Witch" that used a similar mark system called Hexes and applied AoE and targeted debuffs.

spiralz

Obsidian
I like the concept of this class, but the way you have the skills now is unbalanced. For example, IgnorePain lasts way too long and a max of 600hp back is way too high. Seems when people post class ideas, they make them too overpowered. Starting them out as underpowered and tweaking it from there is a better way to do it.

Junarcel

Legacy Supporter 3
I like the concept of this class, but the way you have the skills now is unbalanced. For example, IgnorePain lasts way too long and a max of 600hp back is way too high. Seems when people post class ideas, they make them too overpowered. Starting them out as underpowered and tweaking it from there is a better way to do it.
I suppose you're right, I might just change that. Although, you must know I dont intend all of these skills to be the final product. Its just an idea of how the skill would work. Thanks for your opinion though.

Last edited:

Lujiu

TNT
Berserker already acts as this kind of class rule. I think they should do a minor revamp to Berserker thou to further strengthen the classes ideals.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Berserker already acts as this kind of class rule. I think they should do a minor revamp to Berserker thou to further strengthen the classes ideals.
If there is enough interest, I could design that.

Lujiu

TNT
If there is enough interest, I could design that.
I just think its abilities need more "Shazamm" to get more players attention
That dragoon whirlewind is always an eye catcher. Something like that but for berserker would be cool

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I just think its abilities need more "Shazamm" to get more players attention
That dragoon whirlewind is always an eye catcher. Something like that but for berserker would be cool
But...but...that is a berserker skill...

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
The thing that I feel a lot of people get stuck on is the numbers. When someone posts a class rework, or a class concept, at least from personal experience the numbers are just thrown in there. The idea for the skills are what people should be focused on. Numbers are simply.. Well, numbers. They are just little characters in a text file that can be edited at any time. I'm not posting this to rail on you at all, as you at least specified at the start that you appreciated the ideas, but when someone creates a rework they want to know how you feel about the skills and the identity of the class.

I don't know, maybe I'm just complaining because I'm tired, I mean, what do I know, I'm just some banned scrub. I just know that I've gotten pissed off in past reworks that I've formulated because people are focusing on the wrong part. I'm not really significant in any way in this community anymore, but I do like to see creativity and fun new class designs, but when people shut down the idea because the first draft has some improper numbers, it really sets something off in me.

(Again, not directed towards you specifically, just a trend I've noticed over the years that I felt was important to share).