• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Melee Damage Based Effects Not Working MegaThread (Report Here!)

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
A lot of people have posted issue with Frenzy / QuiveringPalm.

However, I have also heard that Provoke works completely fine.

This is strange to me because they use almost the exact same code. I would like to fix these for everyone, but I am not really in a position where I am willing to manually test stuff anymore. I do not mind fixing bugs if they are quick/easy to do. However, doing this without testing is a pain in the ass.

BUT! There is a way you all can help me with this. Tell me which of the following works / doesn't work. Either by testing it yourself or having allies test for/with you.

Berserker
* Frenzy increases damage (outgoing FROM Berserker) Confirmed Broken (Bingy 1218 / MariusAbyssal)
* Frenzy increases damage (incoming TO Berserker) Confirmed Broken (MariusAbyssal)

* Provoke increases damage (outgoing FROM Berserker) Confirmed Working (What777 / MariusAbyssal)
* Provoke increases damage (incoming TO Berserker) Confirmed Working (MariusAbyssal)

* Bladegrasp (The shitty version that I replaced only for it to be re-replaced for no real reason)
properly blocks damage (incoming TO Berserker)
Confirmed Working (MariusAbyssal)

* BerserkerRage increases damage (Just need to see if it increases when your HP drops.) Confirmed Working (MariusAbyssal)​

Ninja
* Backstab increases damage (using a sword while not sneaking) Confirmed working. (Ahrall)
* Backstab increases damage (using a sword while sneaking) Confirmed working. (Ahrall)
* Backstab increases damage (using shears while not sneaking) Confirmed working. (Ahrall)
* Backstab increases damage (using shears while sneaking) Confirmed working. (Ahrall)
* Envenom deals damage on attack (with swords) Confirmed working. (Ahrall)
* Envenom deals damage on attack (with shears) Confirmed working. (Ahrall)​

Ranger
* Envenom dealing damage on attack (with axes)
* Envenom dealing damage on attack (with bows)​

Disciple
* QuiveringPalm increases damage (TO target FROM everyone) Confirmed Broken (TrueCorruptor)

* FistOfJin heals (Self) Confirmed Working (TrueCorruptor)
* FistOfJin heals (Party) Confirmed Working (TrueCorruptor)​

Paladin
* ShieldReflect reflects damage to attackers (with weapons, not skills.)​

Bard
* Warsong increases damage (For Bard) Confirmed Working (Dakinara)
* Warsong increases damage (For Party) Confirmed Working (Dakinara)
* Envenom deals damage on attack (with disks) Confirmed Working (Dakinara)
* Envenom deals damage on attack (with swords)​

A lot of this stuff uses the same code, so based on what anyone can tell me does and does not work, it will be easier for me to fix.

On the skills that have multiple effects for outgoing / incoming damage changes, it's very important to specify which one that you have tested. Saying "Frenzy is broke" is not really enough for me to be able to investigate the issue.

Last edited:

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
unless it literally broke overnight, i can confirm warsong increases damage for bard + bard party, and envenom adds extra damage on every attack (for bard)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
A lot of people have posted issue with Frenzy / QuiveringPalm.

However, I have also heard that Provoke works completely fine.

This is strange to me because they use almost the exact same code. I would like to fix these for everyone, but I am not really in a position where I am willing to manually test stuff anymore. I do not mind fixing bugs if they are quick/easy to do. However, doing this without testing is a pain in the ass.

BUT! There is a way you all can help me with this. Tell me which of the following works / doesn't work. Either by testing it yourself or having allies test for/with you.

Berserker
* Frenzy increases damage (outgoing FROM Berserker) Confirmed Broken...I think.
* Frenzy increases damage (incoming TO Berserker)

* Provoke increases damage (outgoing FROM Berserker)
* Provoke increases damage (incoming TO Berserker)

* Bladegrasp (The shitty version that I replaced only for it to be re-replaced for no real reason)
properly blocks damage (incoming TO Berserker)

* BerserkerRage increases damage (Just need to see if it increases when your HP drops.)​

Ninja
* Backstab increases damage (using a sword while not sneaking)
* Backstab increases damage (using a sword while sneaking)
* Backstab increases damage (using shears while not sneaking)
* Backstab increases damage (using shears while sneaking)
* Envenom deals damage on attack (with swords)
* Envenom deals damage on attack (with shears)​

Ranger
* Envenom dealing damage on attack (with axes)
* Envenom dealing damage on attack (with bows)​

Disciple
* QuiveringPalm increases damage (TO target FROM everyone) Confirmed Broken

* FistOfJin heals (Self)
* FistOfJin heals (Party)​

Paladin
* ShieldReflect reflects damage to attackers (with weapons, not skills.)​

Bard
* Warsong increases damage (For Bard) Confirmed Working (Dakinara)
* Warsong increases damage (For Party) Confirmed Working (Dakinara)
* Envenom deals damage on attack (with disks) Confirmed Working (Dakinara)
* Envenom deals damage on attack (with swords)​

A lot of this stuff uses the same code, so based on what anyone can tell me does and does not work, it will be easier for me to fix.

On the skills that have multiple effects for outgoing / incoming damage changes, it's very important to specify which one that you have tested. Saying "Frenzy is broke" is not really enough for me to be able to investigate the issue.
K so we have this for FeignDeath..... I tested this with a user @UltimateOptics It kills him instantly and disconnects with that message - thoughts?
http://pastie.org/private/rimflocqcurl3fkqxbbwag

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Quivering Palm
  • Damage increase broken
Fist of Jin
  • Self healing works
  • AOE healing works
I'll be trying to test the rest of these but without the test server to switch classes when needed it will probably take some time to get the information needed

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Additional things that could help with Frenzy:

Does it still work for skills?
Does the Nausea / disable removal portion of the skill still work?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I hit him once and then DarkBolt'd - i dont think that's the only thing that triggers it though.

People state that other skills are kicking

them to Lobby when used as well.
I think @Acars was able to replicate it with Shocking Strike

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I think @Acars was able to replicate it with Shocking Strike
It makes no sense to me why shocking strike would do this. Darkbolt I can understand, but not shocking strike. Might be a different issue.

For any bugs regarding the kicking of players, I probably would have to test that stuff myself. It is unfortunately a finicky beast that is not easily solvable due to Minecraft's effects not working well with Repetitive modifications.

To explain the "most likely issue",

We have many skills that are "dispelled" on damage.
We have many skills that "deal" damage.

Sometimes, we deal damage by using potion effects. Poison and Withering are the most common, but even a harm potion would work.

If, in the same "fraction of a second", we try to add an effect (such as Withering) and then try to Remove an effect (Such as slowness), we cause Minecraft to puke all over itself and then kick the player.

An easy example:
Player A has been "entangled". They have the slowness effect in place.
Player B attacks Player A with "Darkbolt". Darkbolt deals damage, causing the root to be dispelled. However, darkbolt also causes withering. UH OH--kicked player.

I have stuff in place to prevent this issue, and I do not think root will crash in this situation anymore. However, not all my stuff is updated, so it's possible Frenzy is still having issues with that specific kind of situation.

============
If we still had a test server, it would be much easier to address this kind of stuff.

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
Tested on pve since pvp isn't working right now. Tested dmg dealt with both normal attacks and skill (maim):
Berserker
* Frenzy increases damage (incoming TO Berserker) no working same dmg received

* Provoke increases damage (outgoing FROM Berserker) Confirmed Working (against mobs - What777)
(A test against players would also be desirable) working

* Provoke increases damage (incoming TO Berserker) working

properly blocks damage (incoming TO Berserker) you dodge attacks no dmg taken.

* BerserkerRage increases damage (Just need to see if it increases when your HP drops.) working.

Didn't calculate the percentages but I trust that those are fine.
@Delfofthebla

Last edited:

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Tested on pve since pvp isn't working right now. Tested dmg dealt with both normal attacks and skill (maim):
Berserker
* Frenzy increases damage (incoming TO Berserker) no working same dmg received

* Provoke increases damage (outgoing FROM Berserker) Confirmed Working (against mobs - What777)
(A test against players would also be desirable) working

* Provoke increases damage (incoming TO Berserker) working

properly blocks damage (incoming TO Berserker) you dodge attacks no dmg taken.

* BerserkerRage increases damage (Just need to see if it increases when your HP drops.) working.

Didn't calculate the percentages but I trust that those are fine.
@Delfofthebla
Knocked a lot off the list, thanks.

I'll look into it and see if I can't figure it out now.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Haven't even bothered with shield reflect because its been pretty shitty but I can confirm shield reflect does NOT reflect arrow damage and I got punished hard for that fighting michael42pp3d

@Delfofthebla

ChazzaMaGazza

ICE ICE ICE!
I tried using Mana Freeze on a friend and it didn't work at all. It's suppose to stop the targets mana from regenerating but that is not the case.