• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Megalodon. Does it still live ?

It's truly astonishing to see a rather "big" thing, but when I see a living creature as big as a boat i'm scared like hell and amazed at the same time. One of those creatures is the Megalodon ( big ass shark that lived a loooooooooooong time ago ). So what i'm wondering is, does it maybe live now ? Maybe in the deep unexplored seas ? Post your opinion here.

Here's some pictures
megalodon-vs-great-white-shark.jpg

megalodon_weisserhai.jpg

6a014e6089cbd5970c01538ddfb469970b.jpg

Note : These pictures are probably not real ..

Btw. What if Jeb added a new boss like creature in Minecraft, and that boss like creature is this big ass shark ?

Isn't this kinda random?

Anyway, a big part of the oceans are still unexplored so there could be a chance that its alive today. It could also look completely different today. I don't think it exist and if it would exist it would live deep underwater and probably look much different then it did before.

Isn't this kinda random?

Anyway, a big part of the oceans are still unexplored so there could be a chance that its alive today. It could also look completely different today. I don't think it exist and if it would exist it would live deep underwater and probably look much different then it did before.

It's random, that's why I put it in the off topic section :p
And I do share your opinion on does it still live or not.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I remember reading about Megalodons (I actually wrote an essay about it back in primary school haha). The scale is insane. I am GLAD they don't excist anymore haha.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
The last photo... Dang that thing is big
There aren't any photos of the Megalodon, they died out remember. There has been found remains after them though which is why we know how big they were. (The last photo is with other words scaled)

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
It's truly astonishing to see a rather "big" thing, but when I see a living creature as big as a boat i'm scared like hell and amazed at the same time. One of those creatures is the Megalodon ( big ass shark that lived a loooooooooooong time ago ). So what i'm wondering is, does it maybe live now ? Maybe in the deep unexplored seas ? Post your opinion here.

Here's some pictures
megalodon-vs-great-white-shark.jpg

megalodon_weisserhai.jpg

6a014e6089cbd5970c01538ddfb469970b.jpg

Note : These pictures are probably not real ..

Btw. What if Jeb added a new boss like creature in Minecraft, and that boss like creature is this big ass shark ?
Fake, not real.

I would like to see some evidence, what if it lives in the far deep sea?

"85% of the oceans in the world is unexplored"

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't need to prove that it doesn't exist, you have to prove that it does exist, this is how the world works bud.

Well, they found some remains of one. That maybe means that there are still some out there!

Anyway, i don't give a shit if it exists or not and i don't think we will find a answer on this questions even many years from now, maybe we will never know.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Unless Remains = Carcass, your logic is flawed^
I expect that the majority of extra-large animals (theres a word for it, too lazy to google and pretend I'm smart) have died off as their food supplies did. The Megalodon would require a lot of food. Ofc, sharks are one of the least changing species according to accepted evolutionary beliefs, so they still retain that badass quality that is so apparent in Mega's.

I hate sharks. Because I feel less confident in the water than on land, when it comes to a fight with one of the few remaining predators that exist for man.
I'd rather 1v1 a lion or a tiger or a bear than tangle with a shark.

DefaultTexture

Legacy Supporter 4
Unless Remains = Carcass, your logic is flawed^
I expect that the majority of extra-large animals (theres a word for it, too lazy to google and pretend I'm smart) have died off as their food supplies did. The Megalodon would require a lot of food. Ofc, sharks are one of the least changing species according to accepted evolutionary beliefs, so they still retain that badass quality that is so apparent in Mega's.

I hate sharks. Because I feel less confident in the water than on land, when it comes to a fight with one of the few remaining predators that exist for man.
I'd rather 1v1 a lion or a tiger or a bear than tangle with a shark.

Agreed. Although the salt in the ocean water could probably preserve a creatures remains for a long time.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
These are legit pictures of remains of the Megalodon.

5226389658_e54da9fe19.jpg

and here is a comparison between a Megalodon teeth and a white shark's

images

I do remember reading an article in a scientist magazine about the Megalodon. A scientist could stand inside the skeleton of the megalodon mouth. Imagining the scale of the Megalodon is insane, however most creatures back in the days were much larger as the oxygen level on Earth was a lot higher then today.