• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Mechanism to help with entity lag

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
@Kainzo et. al.:

I came across this idea and thought that I would pass it along. I am certain that HC already does something like this, but this method seems to be nice and tidy, and does not require manual butchers, etc.

Link to the Admincraft Reddit thread:

http://www.reddit.com/r/admincraft/...p_reset_is_the_perfect_time_to_switch/cd4kjse

I like it because it still allows people to farms lots of animals -- but only when they are actually present. Moreover, when the chunk unloads, it doesn't butcher ALL of the entities but, instead, just reduces them down to a low, but fair number.

Anyhow, FWIW!

Last edited:

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
@Kainzo et. al.:

I came across this idea and thought that I would pass it along. I am certain that HC already does something like this, but this method seems to be nice and tidy, and does require manual butchers, etc.

http://www.reddit.com/r/admincraft/...p_reset_is_the_perfect_time_to_switch/cd4kjse

I like it because it still allows people to farms lots of animals -- but only when they are actually present. Moreover, when the chunk unloads, it doesn't butcher ALL of the entities but, instead, just reduces them down to a low, but fair number.

Anyhow, FWIW!

So this would allow me to breed 500 cows if I wanted to. But the moment I log off and the chuck unloads (no one else is there) they all disappear down to the set limit of 20 (or whatever its currently at). I like that idea. It would let us breed up big herds to farm mats and if we forgot to butcher before we log off for the night, the system butchers them for us. Sounds good....

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Kainzo et. al.:

I came across this idea and thought that I would pass it along. I am certain that HC already does something like this, but this method seems to be nice and tidy, and does require manual butchers, etc.

Anyhow, FWIW!
Thanks for looking into other things for Herocraft, its appreciated! We already practice several of these things on the server (lower view distance) etc... its normal for mobs to disappear when chunks unload and its a feature in Minecraft already (I'm pretty certain).