• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Mechanics]New Ranger Skill

1 - What it is?
An ankle-snare. Simply put.

2 - What it does?
The trap will spring at the first sign of weight (even items). Players that spring the trap are Rooted for 5 sec at least and take minimal damage(Warning that they activated a trap).

3 - How to make one?
The Ranger puts down/select 3x1 blocks wide and spend some time preppin the Trap.
Warm up skill. After the warmup is done the trap will show a msg to the ranger that the trap is done and the mana cost enters.

4 - And if not?
If not activated for 3min(Its a trap, it shouldnt be used WHILE in combat so it needs the extra time) the trap disapears and the Ranger get a msg that the trap is gone.

5 - Misc Info:
The Ranger(if close enough) will get a if the trap was Activated.
One trap per Ranger.
Long Cooldown(Can be overpowered at some situations, but cmon, ambushes are meant to be favorable)
The Ranger ofc CAN activate the trap if he/she walks over it. Party member CAN activate it too.

6 - End of suggestion.
I dont know if its minecraft-wise doable.
Im a Ranger and im suspiciously suggesting a new skill to my Spec.
I suggested a new skill to Necromancers too.
Dont think i just want to be powerfull/OP/Hax/"fill-here-your-concept-of-power" and Im going to keep suggesting new skills and improvements.

~ Dante Thanatos

c12095

Holy Shit!
Not a bad idea, would it be a visible trap? If so it would need an item like a pressure plate shown on the ground, however that would interfere with regions so that would be bad :( If it is an invisible trap it would seem reasonable to be placed anywhere even inside town regions. Also a 3x1, how would this be determined ingame? Would you activate the skill twice to mark the path of the trap?

Yes you would have to select path of the trap selecting two blocks. I would think an Invisible trap(If there is a single wooden pressure plate in the road No One, Not a single soul would step on it.) I would agree with reagents like stone pressure plates and redstone something like that.

AlGSA1

Stone
Maybe there could be the occasainal glimmer (endermen smoke) for party members, yourself, and other rangers can c. Also I'm guessing there is no limit on how many can be placed?
Ps: 5 sec stun is a bad... how boutlow dmg also?

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
I would say make the trap out of redstone dust then type something like /skill snare or something like that and it is set or something.