• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

MC Weekly Snapshots- Wood Slabs, Silk Touch, BOOKS FINALLY

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
They cannot be held in bookshelves yet. Doubt I will use editable books until then.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Yeah, I'm a little disappointed about that. But this -is- only a snapshot, maybe they'll manage to include it somehow.

I hope they get around to spruce/birch/jungle stairs before the update.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Kinda sucks. You make a book, leave it in a chest, come back, someone has stolen it.

If you could store them in bookshelves, that would be great! :) That way you could read them, but not take them! :)

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
It would be great if you could copy/paste stuff into books... I would copy all the Herocraft lore and put it all in books :)

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I hope they include some sort of printing press block. Even if somebody took the time to copy a book, it wouldn't have the same author.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
New snapshot, this is interesting:
Mojang said:
This week we’ve started working on separating the server logic from the client. The purpose of this is both to make it easier for us to add features (since we don’t have to implement stuff “twice”), and also to make it possible for you to invite people to play on your local computer without setting up a server. In other words, more like how it works on Minecraft: Pocket Edition.
This could motivate me to actually start a good single-player world.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
New snapshot:
Cocoa plants -> Cocoa farms in every town. :p
The next time Herocraft needs to generate a map, we MUST use Large Biomes.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
It just seems like such a good idea, huh? Among other things it could improve town themes greatly. Enough space for towns that are all desert, or all jungle or all mountains. Maybe even a mushroom town! And perhaps we'll have fewer city-encompassing stone walls, huh guys? Hint hint?