• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug MC Authentication Issues

For the past week I have had issues with the MC Authentication servers. This isn't exactly a server bug, but whenever I try to google the issue it just comes up saying I need to wait for Authentication servers to come back online. Since a lot of you guys seem pretty knowledgeable on all things MC, I figured I would ask for a solution here.

Details: Originally I would try to log on to the server and it would say the authentication servers were down, but it has progressively gotten worse. At this point I cannot even log into the Technic Launcher without it saying "An error occurred while attempting to reach authserver.mojang.com". The problem persists through the standard MC launcher, but I can at least play offline.

So, does anyone have any ideas?

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Searches say it's an issue on Mojang's end and you have to wait.
Your own testing shows that these servers are in fact going down, sometimes going down hard, and you clearly see the effect.
Why are you asking?

Searches say it's an issue on Mojang's end and you have to wait.
Your own testing shows that these servers are in fact going down, sometimes going down hard, and you clearly see the effect.
Why are you asking?
I am asking because I have attempted to log on during multiple times each day unsuccessfully while others appear to be having no issues. I have seen Mojang go down for a couple hours at most, but not consistently for a week.
If you want to know the status of minecraft (if the servers are down/if login is down) then this twitter will tell you whenever it doesn't work. https://twitter.com/statusminecraft
I'll check this next time I try to log on.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
@Dafefman I'm guessing you were hoping to hear whether others were experiencing the same problem at this time? No positive responses on that so far, it seems.

Have you tried all the usuals of reinstalling MC, Technic etc?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Actually, since this says that the last time servers went down was October 20th and I have been unable to log on due to authentication for the past week, I believe my problem is different.
I suggest removing java and installing latest java 64bit
Also reboot routers, etc. Try going through a proxy, etc.

@Dafefman I'm guessing you were hoping to hear whether others were experiencing the same problem at this time? No positive responses on that so far, it seems.

Have you tried all the usuals of reinstalling MC, Technic etc?
I suggest removing java and installing latest java 64bit
Also reboot routers, etc. Try going through a proxy, etc.
Thanks! I'll try all of these when I get the chance!