• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Maxattax's HeroCraft Application

Maxattax

Dirt
In-game name: Maxattax
Location & Age: Indiana, 14
Previous Bans (Includes other servers): None
Referral(s): None
Reason you should be accepted: I have read the wiki and rules. I have proven that I am polite and helpful. I am an excellent engineer in both redstone and construction. I would like to become a humble villager in a town, or start my own if possible. I would like to help the town that I start in grow, then using the techniques I learned, make my own. I manage my own bukkit server constantly, so I know how mods work.
How did you hear about Herocraft?: I use the Heroes mod on my server, not really much more than that.
Have you voted for Herocraft (No? Click here)?: Yes
Additional Info: As I said previously, I manage my own bukkit server. I plan to join your server and learn some of the techniques you use to make your server so great, then bring some back to mine. Obviously my server will NEVER become as great as yours, since you have a payed, well trained, team. I work unpaid, learning constantly, by myself (All for fun :D ).

Maxattax

Dirt
Its a very small server. It only consists of local people. An estimated 50 people go to it, but no more than 10 are online at a time (typically).

Ok, I'll wait. :)

Maxattax

Dirt
4 things to add:

I'm assuming the SpoutCraft Client is permitted on the server, yes?

Also, if you would like to see my server CURRENTLY, it is minecraft.jamesisgreat.com
At the moment, I put it on "Sandbox" mode until I properly add in all of the desired mods, with little to no bugs. This often takes me about a week or two to set up due to Bukkit and mod updates so that they don't clash so bad. I still haven't figured out how all of these big servers (Like HeroCraft) get their mods set up so fast. I understand the development builds and how mods will still work even if they are slightly outdated, but I still have constant errors until the mods update. :/

I would also like to note that we haven't gone officially *public*. The people who go to our server are basically friends of friends of friends, and so on. Once I have an official domain name for the server, a website, and donation abilities, I will post my server on the server lists to earn more visitors.

As I said above about the domain name, it is currently minecraft.jamesisgreat.com because my brother *hosts* the server, I *manage* it. He doesn't do much else although he has ultimate control.

P.S. I hope you enjoyed my life story! Lol, sorry for the long and tedious explanations and notes.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
4 things to add:

I'm assuming the SpoutCraft Client is permitted on the server, yes?

Also, if you would like to see my server CURRENTLY, it is minecraft.jamesisgreat.com
At the moment, I put it on "Sandbox" mode until I properly add in all of the desired mods, with little to no bugs. This often takes me about a week or two to set up due to Bukkit and mod updates so that they don't clash so bad. I still haven't figured out how all of these big servers (Like HeroCraft) get their mods set up so fast. I understand the development builds and how mods will still work even if they are slightly outdated, but I still have constant errors until the mods update. :/

I would also like to note that we haven't gone officially *public*. The people who go to our server are basically friends of friends of friends, and so on. Once I have an official domain name for the server, a website, and donation abilities, I will post my server on the server lists to earn more visitors.

As I said above about the domain name, it is currently minecraft.jamesisgreat.com because my brother *hosts* the server, I *manage* it. He doesn't do much else although he has ultimate control.

P.S. I hope you enjoyed my life story! Lol, sorry for the long and tedious explanations and notes.

To my knowledge, SpoutCraft is encouraged on the server. Additionally - I honestly don't deal with server owner situations often, but to my knowledge these cases are sent for admin approval due to previous intellectual property theft among other things.

Maxattax

Dirt
Question: Not sure if you know this one, but I'll ask anyway. Does the server currently have Heroes mod on it at the moment? Because on Bukkit, the heroes mod is not updated... If it is on the server, do you know HOW it is working?