• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Master Wizards LOTS of Damage. Lower level wizards maybe a change or two.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Before the trolling and the hate and the accusation of Bias this suggestion is geared for lower level wizards and not mastered. Yes I am a master wizard and have been since about a few weeks into bastion.
=======
As a wizard you should know you only have 2 good damaging skills fireball and icebolt and I guess you can add pulse but at 35 when you get bolt is when you start sitting people down if played right. Now people constantly ask me how to play wizard before blink and bolt. Well my answer is try and kite as best as you can there isn't much you can do unfortunately and I feel that needs to be changed. I feel blink should be added in at 15 or 20 because other classes that have mobility will see a low level wizard and claim there free kill right after the wizard uses root. It is unfortunate and I met people who couldn't stick with the class because they couldn't get away or defend themselves till they get blink. Wizard can be a challenging class to play since it is a caster class and it requires a lot skill with kiting and dodging since they have such a low HP. I personally think it would be a good idea to add blink at a lower level and give them there mobility earlier because blink is one of the main skills I use in a fight I use it more then anything actually.

If you have any other suggestions of rearranging some skills as wizard feel free to reply. Also suggesting new skills will be ignored from me personally if you respond with an idea.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
If you are suggesting that some of the Wizard skills should be learned at lower levels, remember what happened at the start of Bastion when Bolt was at level 15(I think).

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Ehh I don't think so just because wizards trade early levels to such a strong like super strong late level

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We are looking for feedback for things like this. It's important to spread skills out fairly between the levels.

I'm happy to get feedback about it.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Ehh I don't think so just because wizards trade early levels to such a strong like super strong late level
Why is that fair though? They are strong later on but why should they get a beating like that at lower levels? I talked to Delfofthebla he agreed that blink should be added in at a lower level. Wizard is useless at low levels unfortunately and not a lot of people notice it because Wizard lately has been an underplayed class. I haven't seen a lot of them lately.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
If you are suggesting that some of the Wizard skills should be learned at lower levels, remember what happened at the start of Bastion when Bolt was at level 15(I think).
I remember what happened but remember when everyone was still low level? Bolts damage took the nerf so it would be fine adding that in however I want blink to be changed bolt is fine at 45 since wizards get icebolt instead now.

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
Really, I see this a lot with classes (Ninja is one I feel is pretty weak skill-wise until higher level). I agree that there should be some balancing of skills at lower levels. I think the general consensus is that pvp doesn't start until lv60, but before that, there is still pvp and a great deal of pve, and for classes that struggle through the early levels, it can be off-putting to level that class.

Every class should have at least one low-level damage-related skill, and probably some kind of mobility or crowd control early on, otherwise you get this situation, where a class is weak until they hit X level and gain a specific few skills.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Really, I see this a lot with classes (Ninja is one I feel is pretty weak skill-wise until higher level). I agree that there should be some balancing of skills at lower levels. I think the general consensus is that pvp doesn't start until lv60, but before that, there is still pvp and a great deal of pve, and for classes that struggle through the early levels, it can be off-putting to level that class.

Every class should have at least one low-level damage-related skill, and probably some kind of mobility or crowd control early on, otherwise you get this situation, where a class is weak until they hit X level and gain a specific few skills.
I cant agree with you more. It must be hard playing as a wizard at this stage of Bastion I had it a bit easier since I joined beginning of Bastion however you are right some classes have it hard while others can pvp masters at level 30.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Wizard lately has been an underplayed class. I haven't seen a lot of them lately.

9ff.gif

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
I
Why is that fair though? They are strong later on but why should they get a beating like that at lower levels? I talked to Delfofthebla he agreed that blink should be added in at a lower level. Wizard is useless at low levels unfortunately and not a lot of people notice it because Wizard lately has been an underplayed class. I haven't seen a lot of them lately.
lawl are u kidding there are so many wizards on the server and if you wanna give them blink at level 15 or 20 sure the reduce the block range at level 60 to 8 not 12

Zelphril

Legacy Supporter 7
I totally agree with this idea of blink at an earlier level. Dragoon gets their mobility at an earlier level, so why shouldn't wizard?

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
I lawl are u kidding there are so many wizards on the server and if you wanna give them blink at level 15 or 20 sure the reduce the block range at level 60 to 8 not 12
Sorry that you cant get free kills on low level wizards if they get blink. Wizard is fine how it is every class has a counter and unfortunately wizard counters your class you are the only one who has shot me down on this idea and ironic how you play goon.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Sorry that you cant get free kills on low level wizards if they get blink. Wizard is fine how it is every class has a counter and unfortunately wizard counters your class you are the only one who has shot me down on this idea and ironic how you play goon.

I would like to know what class counters wizard?

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I dont know if you have been in PvP lately but there is only like 3 or 4 wizards who actually pvp still.
This is because they all wussed out and quick playing.

I would like to know what class counters wizard?
Runeblade. (Though that will change once the rework hits)

--------------

I really don't think Wizard is under/overpowered right now. It's just a hard class to play. I mean I've seen some really amazing wizards, but me? No freakin way. I'm a terrible Wizard. I just can't make it work.

The real issue with the class is that the targeting system on Herocraft is...less than perfect. It's just really hard to get your skills off, and nobody can really put their finger on why. Ask any player on Herocraft, they'll tell you that they've had issues getting skills off. Ask a Wizard, he'll tell you it happens every single fight. It's just an unfortunate reality, and I don't even know if it can be changed.

With that said, I think most Wizards rely on Bolt / Megabolt / Shock too much. These skills are really good, but so are fireball / icebolt. Warmups are a real pain in the ass most of the time. But then again, so are projectiles. It's all about deciding which is the lesser of two evils, I guess.

Honestly though. A good wizard doesn't need anything other than fireball, icebolt, and root to seal a kill. I can't count how many times I was kited to death with just these skills alone. Wizard is a real solid class, you just gotta put effort into learning how to use it.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
This is because they all wussed out and quick playing.

Runeblade. (Though that will change once the rework hits)

--------------

I really don't think Wizard is under/overpowered right now. It's just a hard class to play. I mean I've seen some really amazing wizards, but me? No freakin way. I'm a terrible Wizard. I just can't make it work.

The real issue with the class is that the targeting system on Herocraft is...less than perfect. It's just really hard to get your skills off, and nobody can really put their finger on why. Ask any player on Herocraft, they'll tell you that they've had issues getting skills off. Ask a Wizard, he'll tell you it happens every single fight. It's just an unfortunate reality, and I don't even know if it can be changed.

With that said, I think most Wizards rely on Bolt / Megabolt / Shock too much. These skills are really good, but I so are fireball / icebolt. Warmups are a real pain in the ass most of the time. But then again, so are projectiles. It's all about deciding which is the lesser of two evils, I guess.

Honestly though. A good wizard doesn't need anything other than fireball, icebolt, and root to seal a kill. I can't count how many times I was kited to death with just these skills alone. Wizard is a real solid class, you just gotta put effort into learning how to use it.
Thanks best post about the wizard class I have seen in a while. Thing is about just having fireball, icebolt and root is well in some situations turning around to get a root off will get you killed blink solves the problem. Newer players looking at wizard and thinking it is a badass class (Which is it when you master it and learn it). If they cant use there skills right and have no second option to dodge a fight I feel it will unattract them from the class and blink would solve it. They have time to blink away get there root off and kill someone a bit easier instead of a goon just coming out of nowhere with jump and you have nowhere to run same case with Samurai. I spam my root key and it doesn't always go off due to the small hitboxes from latency etc. and in those cases I blink and do my thing and blink is what makes wizard the awesome class it is and I feel blink should be added in at roots level and push root back or just bump down blink's unlock level to like level 25 or 30.