• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Massive Bug / Fix Beguiler

I have been PvPing today as a Beguiler and I have notice that the class is completely useless when played as DPS or played as Support. The class is intentionally supposed to be support because of the crowed control, buffs, and debuffs.

A huge bug which is the reason I am switching classes is Piggify. It puts your target on a pig for 6 seconds. The part that is left out in the description is: Unless you punch it once and kill it, then they can continue beating you and your party members to death. I have not hit level 60 yet and got the MassPiggify skill yet but it would be really dissapointing to see 5 people get piggified then watching them kill their pig in .5 seconds.

Another skill that seems 100% useless is PlagueBomb. This skill drops a sheep where you aim and does a wopping 50dmg while costing 20 mana. I can do that same damage with my golden hoe and Might buff. It's not like using the skill would kill them faster since I can attack somone faster than using a skill that takes time to explode and can run away from the target. I think that this skill should do 150-200dmg and explode as soon as it touches the ground. Or keep the damage the same but lower the mana.

SafefallOther is probably the worlds most useless skill. I don't think I have ever used it on a friend and told him to jump off a cliff to fight someone or whatever a scenario would be for that skill. Replace that one with something else. Maybe mob disguise could be something cool for beguiler where they can turn into a squid and swim faster, spider to scale walls, zombie to have more hp, skeleton to make skills do increased damage, or maybe just another buff that makes all skills do more damage.

The class is basically a support class that can give buffs, and debuff. It is the same as bard but worse because it has less buffs, less DPS, crappy armor.

TLDR: Piggify pigs need to be invuln. PlagueBomb needs a massive buff. SafefallOther needs replaced with a different skill.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Plaguebomb deals 233 damage atm. Killing pigs is not intended; I'll ask @unknownloner on ts if he could possibly do anything about this situation.

After like 2-3 weeks i just now realize that i mispelled unknownloner. Here; maybe now it'll tag him

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
Since the new update I think beguilers could be pretty useful if played right (Especially if piggify gets fixed).

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
It wouldn't too bad of a support class if the pigs wouldn't die, but since they do the class is useless in every situation.
Hopefully it will get fixed, I understand the frustrations (I still remember when you could send people to the void with piggify :D).

Okay well I'm glad I've gotten good feedback atleast lol. I thought people were going to flame me saying it was supposed to be like that. I was only assuming that Plaguebomb did 50 dmg since the wiki said that it did 5 and Kainzo recently made everything x10. I personally love the class and a ranged crowed control class is exactly what I want and hardly anyone even is a Beguiler so I like being unique :p Thanks Keache for contacting him to see if there is a fix it is greatly appreciated.

Do you guys also thing that they should even have the skill SafefallOther? It's not that I believe it isn't a bad skill since the class is all about being support but the chance of ever having to use it would be 1 in a million nor would anyone was a bind on it. I think that if they made a skill called SafefallGroup that would be cool and I would find more use out of that.

@Keache
@spartanman118

Beguiler - they empower others, mesmerizer the masses. The trickster.
Yeah that's why I chose the class because I like being the trickster. So is Piggify currently just bugged as Keache previously stated or are people supposed to be able to kill them?

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
It's kind of funny, I once wished we had a beguiler with safe fall others. We were raiding this base and we could jump in to the top, because it wasn't covered with anything just an open roof. So we built up really high and realized we could make the jump if, we had a beguiler. So a lot of skills are situational and you just need to be prepared to have them, or not.

Well I have been to about 10 towns or more now and I have never seen a town that you could jump into. If the town ever had no roof it was usually so far into the region that you couldn't manage to make a pillar to jump into it. I still like the idea of making it a group safefall though so the whole party can benefit from it kind of like the other buffs that the class has (Wisdom, Might).

Going off of what Kainzo said that the class is known as the "trickster" I think that a skill that would swap places with someone withing 10-15 blocks would be cool. It's a unique skill and I don't believe that there is any skill like that currently implemented with any other class.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
Or other times it's usefull is when you're chaseing someone down and they happen to be mineing and the only person with a pickaxe mines down to them. So you pop a safe fall other, and the rest of your team falls down the hole.

And another time it would be usefull is if you are chaseing someone and he goes down a ravine and you need to get your team down there safely you just "pop" a safe fall other and they jump down, and they kill the target without takeing massive damage from a deadly fall.

It's very situational, it is very handy. But I agree that it would be better to have a party safe fall other. I mean if you do manage to get them down to a certain spot you can't help them anymore because you couldn't safe fall yourself.