• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Mason Lvl 60 skill

Northac

Obsidian
I had an idea for the level 60 skill for the Mason specilization.

REINFORCE: "reinforce your building materials to make them stronger"
Turn (set amount) stone bricks into (set amount) obsidian

I'll leave the numbers up to the "devs" and I checked the wiki, I didnt see any skills to make obsidian and I thought this would fit the spec.

KiwiGuy

TNT
How about giving top tier mason access to http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/CraftBook/Minecart_control_blocks#Stations

This would allow us to further accent the towns or areas that we work in with nice aesthetically pleasing rail systems. This could open up the possibility of towns connecting themselves with a public rail system. With the further possibility of being able to charge for travel maybe??

While I like your idea, unless you can find a way to make for example stone bricks act and behave like obsidian without looking like obsidian, having all my "reinforced blocks" look like obsidian is not ideal and i can see this leading to everyone building region walls with the same material and all looking the same and ugly.

I don't feel my suggestion above with detract from the server at all, and since it used limited redstone it shouldn't impact on server performance very much if at all, due to each control block only being triggered once when used and not constantly in use.

Well thats my thoughts, to expand the class and use a plugin we already have on the server, and not add to the hundreds you already maintain :)

As an addition to this, since there are quite a few options available to the control blocks side of the plugin, additional control blocks could be added in earlier, with the more popular ones like, station and collector/Depositor being held for the lvl 60 mason's.

Northac

Obsidian
While I like your idea, unless you can find a way to make for example stone bricks act and behave like obsidian without looking like obsidian, having all my "reinforced blocks" look like obsidian is not ideal and i can see this leading to everyone building region walls with the same material and all looking the same and ugly.

While I do have to say you have a very good point about the way it would make blocks look, I was more thinking that the obsidian would be hidden behind a layer of a different block. so as not to detract from the way something looks but adds to the security of a building. Like in real life you dont see the "reinforcements" of a building.

The stations thing looks intersting, but it seems kinda of old, several of the things in it are in game now, like the speed and brake rails = powered rails can do the same

I do like the thought of somthing like this, though I believe it would fit engineers better with the use of redstone activated blocks and such.

KiwiGuy

TNT
Well its only redstone and switches which anyone can place currently. So its more of a Masonic job in my opinion :)

If you want reinforcement behind blocks, then place Obsidian behind blocks. It just seems kind of a waste for a top tier ability.

Northac

Obsidian
was just a suggestion, and as it is obsidian is a pain in the butt to collect enough of to make a decent defense (i used over 500 blocks of it....) so being able to "make" some would greatly help. that and it would not require you to find lava, hit it with lava, and then mine it, takes a while to do so.

Would be nice if others besides just us 2 would toss out some ideas (hint hint)