• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mason Abilities

NeoGriim

Legacy Supporter 3
Hello,

I was designing a couple of my mason stuff for my town and I had a couple of questions.

First: Can gates be made private so that only I can use them, or perhaps even myself and one other person?

Second: Can Hidden switches be made public? I created one however only I could use it. I want one that I can make so that the location is hidden however only town members know the location.

I'm assuming the first problem can be solved with the hidden switch so I'm not too worried about that, however I really want to create a vault type thing that only my town members would know the entrance to. Thanks.

NeoGriim

Legacy Supporter 3
I checked some youtube video's for craftbook but only found how to make the stuff, not how to manipulate it at all. I looked at falsebook and couldn't find anything in english on that one, mostly german, so I have no clue if they were telling me how other town members could use my hidden switch or not. :p

Well, you've got a number of German players here (and Americans like me who speak it). Post the link and maybe we could help you out.

NeoGriim

Legacy Supporter 3
The issue is that I'm not even sure if they explain how to do what I'm asking... I was hoping Kainzo would see this and know what I was talking about, the link to one of the video's is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fiy9HRDmLI however I'm not sure if they even look at hidden switches because I don't see the sign, I think this one's mostly IC's.

I'm still looking around for a full hidden switch tutorial however I'm not finding one... Right now they're worthless, they may as well not be hidden and just be a switch lock that can't be destroyed or something.

Yeah, he doesn't mention hidden switches. That player-detection thing was pretty cool, though... I could've sworn someone posted a video somewhere that explained hidden switches. I'll try to find it.

NeoGriim

Legacy Supporter 3
I watched that one and it doesn't explain how to use them for multiplayer purposes, just for your own stuff. With this, I can't go ahead and make public buildings. I want to make a hidden switch for my storehouse so you have to be somewhere else in town to open it and it stays absolutely hidden from all raiders.

That doesn't work for multiple people? All it has is an [X]... no name...
And Robert, that is EXACTLY what I was talking about, thank you.