• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Many ICs are unfunctioning

Maxilimus

Wood
Iv been working on making a Ic page for the wiki, and by doing that, making every IC available. If noticed quite a few ICs simply arnt working. I look up videos on how they should be placed, and have everything exactly perfect, just they don't do anything. I'v had multiple engineers tell me the same thing. The offending circuits seems to be transmitters, receivers, any sort of detector, anything that has a remote semblance of being useful.

Engineers are thee most useless class as of late. Even theifs are now more useful. All the ICs worth a damn are broken, and if it wasn't for pistons being restricted to engineers, they would be on par with lost souls + tools. I know how much you want to remove redstone for "causing all the lag on the server" but castrating engineers is not the fix. Engineer ICs are beneficial to the problem because the ICs are self contained and don't rely on often badly built circuits from novices.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Not all ICs are available in Herocraft.

Also, alchemists are the most useless. Nice try though.

Maxilimus

Wood
You are kinda low on the intelligence pole arnt you jonsoon. I know a lot of the ICs are disabled, hence why when you put the code for something like say, the time changing IC, it says your not allowed. ICs that are enabled and meant to be working arnt working. Why the hell would transmitter have its own level (Level 15 engineer) if it was a disabled IC? Any of the ICs that dont do very basic stuff are broken.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I don't know how ICs affect lag, but I would suppose that a IC NOT gate or IC RS NOR latch cause less lag than the equivalent redstone contraptions. If anyone wants me to convert their RS stuff to IC, I will do it for free.

I hope transmitter lvl 15 skill is implemented, that looked cool.
[Edit: thanks max, I hope this skill is successfully incorporated into the plugin]

As an engineer, I would like to reduce RS lag, not cause it.

Maxilimus

Wood
It is implemented. The plugin must be simply broken. They are using custom edited plugins to work with the heroes plugin, so things like this breaking are expected.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
Not all ICs are available in Herocraft.

Also, alchemists are the most useless. Nice try though.

alchemist arnt useless, the problem is the current alchemist dont know how to make money, and make everything free for their friends, who are their only customers for the most part, alchemist would be the money maker if people were smart.

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!
Max i totally agree with you. I have been lvling like crazy trying to get the self triggered IC so i can make detection doors and booby traps, yet none of the useful ICs are working. 3 bit random? useless. P Detection? Crucial.

also i would like to be able to use MC2110, which is Low Delay which eliminates the use for 100 million repeaters when making timed contraptions. So far i have done nothing with engineering that i couldnt do as a any other class in the game. and pistons are cool, but imo useless without working ICs. its very frustrating.