• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Mana Potion?

ThexSilverHD

Stone
I just came up with a far fetched idea about mana potions. Not even sure if this would be possible to code but here it goes. I was thinking that the potion itself would work similarly to a health potion. When the potion is thrown it would give mana to players in the throw radius where players closer to the origin point would get more mana. The potion itself would just be a enchantment bottle. These are fairly easy to get if you know any merchant. Again not even sure if this is possible, but it would be a cool feature.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Emeralds were implemented as mana potions. Unfortunately, they are not throwable. Since emeralds were just recently put in place, and they seem to satisfy the "mana potion" desire, I doubt additional throwable mana potions will be created.

ThexSilverHD

Stone
Emeralds were implemented as mana potions. Unfortunately, they are not throwable. Since emeralds were just recently put in place, and they seem to satisfy the "mana potion" desire, I doubt additional throwable mana potions will be created.

Just an idea i guess, don't think that its codeable anyway.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Ample used to be a Cleric skill where it would throw an enchanted bottle to give an AOE heal to friends and foes alike. The closer you were to the poi t of impact the more HP you'd receive.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Ample used to be a Cleric skill where it would throw an enchanted bottle to give an AOE heal to friends and foes alike. The closer you were to the poi t of impact the more HP you'd receive.

The old Ampul was ripped out because it broke all other potions, just saying.
Ofc, just look on test and that issue was fixed.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
Also, this would be a downside to stamina-based classes, as thew would not have a throwable potion.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Just an idea i guess, don't think that its codeable anyway.
Pretty much everything is codeable. People who say otherwise are lying. What matters is whether or not it's worth hundreds to thousands of hours to make it happen or not.

As far as mana potions go, it would be very simple / easy to do. Could handle it the same way we handle ampul. Thing is, as Jack stated, emeralds fill this need.

Perhaps we could add something like this in the future, but not anytime soon.