• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Making it cost money to skirmish

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
To bad pvp has been affected greatly by skirmish when I was online 7-8 days ago I was raiding mineris and guess what they had 7 people in their base I waited at least 20 minutes and I realized all they were doing was skirmishing obviously arenas are having a bad effect on pvp.
People skirmish when they have nothing else to do. Without skirmishes, they'll either walk around their safe areas drunk or log off. Also, it isnt raiding if there is no combat.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
To bad pvp has been affected greatly by skirmish when I was online 7-8 days ago I was raiding mineris and guess what they had 7 people in their base I waited at least 20 minutes and I realized all they were doing was skirmishing obviously arenas are having a bad effect on pvp.

I'd like to remind you what it was like BEFORE Skirmish, when everyone and their mother ranted on about how there was ''no PvP''. Arenas brought in that PvP, and people stopped complaining.

As for Mineris, why would they have bothered killing you? Skirmish, at the time, would have offered more enjoyable PvP. If you went there with some friends (much like how the raiders at LO came there with friends), then i'm sure you'd offer better PvP than a 1 Vs 7.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
People skirmish when they have nothing else to do. Without skirmishes, they'll either walk around their safe areas drunk or log off. Also, it isnt raiding if there is no combat.

??? Are you high? That's what ruins the server there's almost always people outside trying to find pvp and because arenas people who were lazy in the first place now don't even try to walk around to find pvp they just probably get on do arenas and then logoff. That's what makes the server boring. I would give a perfect example of a server that just crashed because of the arena system because people were just so fucking lazy.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
I'd like to remind you what it was like BEFORE Skirmish, when everyone and their mother ranted on about how there was ''no PvP''. Arenas brought in that PvP, and people stopped complaining.

As for Mineris, why would they have bothered killing you? Skirmish, at the time, would have offered more enjoyable PvP. If you went there with some friends (much like how the raiders at LO came there with friends), then i'm sure you'd offer better PvP than a 1 Vs 7.

Ok 1v7 kill me I don't care as long as there was pvp I'm fine with dying.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
One Vs Sevens are boring as hell. Mineris probably didn't come out because they'd much rather using Skirmish.

Just to let you know adding 3c to the arenas could also help the server out greatly because the kids that don't have money on the server could vote to get that 3c which increases the amount of people to vote.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Just to let you know adding 3c to the arenas could also help the server out greatly because the kids that don't have money on the server could vote to get which increases the amount of people to vote.

And having to pay 3c wouldn't stop people from using Skirmish as 3c is hardly anything. We're responding to the original post.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
And having to pay 3c wouldn't stop people from using Skirmish as 3c is hardly anything. We're responding to the original post.

Actually that isn't true at all people I know on the server are poor and go out to pvp to actually earn money by selling the items they get by killing the people they find and when people go to mine that even causes pvp because there's a chance you might run into someone.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Actually that isn't true at all people I know on the server are poor and go out to pvp to actually earn money by selling the items they get by killing the people they find and when people go to mine that even causes pvp because there's a chance you might run into someone.

Whenever I go raiding with others (or just by myself), I very rarely earn money.

If I were to get money from killing people, it would most likely be from killing those wondering around/gathering resources. In this context, those people won't be affected by Skirmishes, as they arn't going to be PvPing anyway. You yourself went around LO looking for people to kill, and came and killed me. I'm one of those people, who don't use Skirmish.

My point is, the Skirmish (or skirmishes) arn't going to change the number of people out there, in the wilderness, gathering resources and exploring. Chances are, most PvPers look for those kind of players. Saying ''Oh no we have nobody to kill'' is ridiculous, as the people you WOULD kill arn't going anywhere.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Whenever I go raiding with others (or just by myself), I very rarely earn money.

If I were to get money from killing people, it would most likely be from killing those wondering around/gathering resources. In this context, those people won't be affected by Skirmishes, as they arn't going to be PvPing anyway. You yourself went around LO looking for people to kill, and came and killed me. I'm one of those people, who don't use Skirmish.

My point is, the Skirmish (or skirmishes) arn't going to change the number of people out there, in the wilderness, gathering resources and exploring. Chances are, most PvPers look for those kind of players. Saying ''Oh no we have nobody to kill'' is ridiculous, as the people you WOULD kill arn't going anywhere.

It completely effects pvp but you don't understand at all so I'm done with this conversation

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
people who were lazy in the first place now don't even try to walk around to find pvp they just probably get on do arenas and then logoff.

Not agreeing with you at all that adding a tiny fee will give any positive effect on the server. Let me ask you, How are arenas not PVP? What are you losing by using Arenas? You are not getting your phat lootz I suppose? You will still be able to sneak up and kill the builder making his castle to steal his stone.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I am right you are wrong. I have experienced this on another server, you have not.

So suddenly, because Arenas messed up another server, they'll definitely mess up HC?

As i've already said, PvP still goes on. You have not been around for the past couple of days to see the raids that have gone on.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I am right you are wrong. I have experienced this on another server, you have not.

What your saying is "add a fee to save the server." What you are really saying and would make more sense to everyone if you would just say what you mean, is "remove the arena's they are changing pvp in a bad way"

macura

Diamond
Whats the idea in normal PVP if you cant train to fight in a safe way? Does it feel annoying to not be able to destroy everyone 24/7?
The problem for me is not people training, it is that i cannot find people. Instead of raiding people just skirmish. If that is where the pvp is, then everyone who wants to pvp has to go there. Also at the moment there is no risk/reward for pvping, i mean there will later be ranking but there is no "physical" reward.

Maybe when you fight, the cost of entry for both of the players goes to the victor. Like a wager match. You wouldn't win that much, but it would rack up if you do well.

maxmaxm

Wood
Although Templar's argument is completely flawed, I do have to agree on the basis that the skirmish matches are affecting PvP outside of the world. I understand why one would enjoy skirmishing, but it definitely takes away from the "hardcore" feel of the server. The matches have no risk nor reward, but are good for practicing your fighting strategies. The skirmishes do take away from the total number of players "out and about" in Bastion, decreasing the risk factor in activities such as mining and exploring. I have not felt this "hardcore" feel in a while, but this could also be as a result of mastering my combat class. Regardless, skirmish matches are decreasing the amount of danger on the server, which is surely what a large portion of the player base comes from.

PhantomWarriorA

ICE ICE ICE!
The problem for me is not people training, it is that i cannot find people. Instead of raiding people just skirmish. If that is where the pvp is, then everyone who wants to pvp has to go there. Also at the moment there is no risk/reward for pvping, i mean there will later be ranking but there is no "physical" reward.

Maybe when you fight, the cost of entry for both of the players goes to the victor. Like a wager match. You wouldn't win that much, but it would rack up if you do well.
i love the idea of having a wager on a match, but it still would be a little unfair on the newbies.

Goonswarm

Legacy Supporter 5
I like the idea of skirmish staying free, and adding a ranked or "hardcore" pvp arena. Players who join pay X coins to join, and the winner gains 2X as the losers get nothing. This encourages pvp and helps those who have mastered a spec make a bit of coin while showing off their pvp prowess.