• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Making Blood Mages more appealing?

ever look through the classes and notice very few, if any, people choose blood mage? maybe no one wants to play that role? maybe everyone forgot about them? No, it seems more likely that they are just not good enough to stand up to other classes. Thus, they need to get buffed up a bit. Here are a few of MY suggestions to make them a bit more appealing:

Increase Smite damage or decrease cooldown and mana cost. reason: Smite is their ONLY source of damaging opponent until level 45 (not including the very weak melee). This alone makes them very ineffective, even for a healer.

Increase syphon amount. reason: why would i use syphon when i have bandage? a 4hp heal isnt going to do much in a fight, plus im only hurting myself. sure bandage costs mana, but not so much that its bad.

add another damaging skill/move a higher level damaging skill to a lower level. reason: as with my reason for changing smite, needs ability to fight early on, otherwise they will never get to the higher levels.

I know some people will probably argue that they dont need buffed up damaging skills as they are a healer spec. but consider this: cleric doesnt have any real damaging skills but they can heal themselves pretty well as with the druid. disciples ave better melee and have a different role anyway.

All in all, blood mage seems like it has potential, but until level 40+ it is mainly just a buffed up healer...
feel free to post anymore suggestions/comments/whatever.

Sweord

Glowstone
I was actually thinking about becoming a bloodmage for the tanking potentials with the use of soulbond. Anyways, I'm thinking an AoE attack would be cool? Something like "Blood Boil", with the idea that the BM has such a connection with the bodily fluids that they can make them harmful to the player. I wouldn't know about range or damage, maybe make it similar in effect to Pulse, or maybe Ironfist without the knock-back?

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
how about a buff that increases the amount of damage that a target will take for 3 secs-5 secs.
like marking a target that everyone will pound on.
With a long cooldown of course.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I can agree with making them get their higher level skills sooner would be a good idea, however giving them more powerful attacks is tricky business. Since they have MORE HP than Dreadknights.

HollowSith

Diamond
I think they need a move called puppet. They can control the blood in another player and teleport the other player (like a blink type of skill) anywhere within 5 blocks from where they originally were. It can be 25 mana, 5 HP and use 1 red stone, or whatever. And deal 10 damage on contact.

I think it'd be kinda cool

Mtornar

Stone
Maybe they could be given bleed, as they are a BLOODmage after all. I also agree with poisoned, with bandage, syphon is next to useless.