• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Make sapling farming easier!

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Currently, the wilderness is a right mess. It's difficult for new players to find trees which are not floating in the air. I'd love to walk around planting saplings everywhere, but the problem is, I don't have any!

It's difficult to get saplings; you need to wait a long time for the leaves of a tree to decay. Even then, you are not likely to get any more than 3-4 saplings per tree. The whole process is long, and not really worthwhile.

I propose that leaf decay is either made faster, if possible, or that leaves are more likely to drop saplings, at higher quantities. Alternatively, why not make some MOBs drop saplings upon death, such as Creepers. Notch did say that their skin is "crunchy, like dry leaves".

Overall, I think something should be done to enable people greater access to saplings, preferably for oak trees. I believe this will help people actually do something about the barren wastelands which surround pretty much every town.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
I think farmer should have a skill which could only be bounded to a tool, when that tool hits any kind of leaves, it will drop a sap no matter what, which would consumes 4 durability even if u have unbreaking or what not.
Also kainzo needs to increase the sap drop from each tree, like I can only get two stacks of sap from thirty trees, that is not even cool. Farming saps is now really pain, forgive me for saying that if u guys don't agree, but I think Kainzo should atleast triple the possibility of a tree dropping saps.

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
It's definitely a pain, although not impossible. A patient person with time to burn (Such as me afk'ing in a tree farm doing something else while waiting for leaves to decay or actively breaking leaves) can get quite a few saplings quite easily, but not all of us have that time to spend. Having some way of more or less guaranteeing sapling drops to increase sapling availability will also let me have spare saplings to replant a lot of the bare terrain all around the place.