• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Make it possible to get sponges, Revive the economy.

Sidgil

Legacy Supporter 3
I wouldn't mind seeing this implimented into the game. I would have a ball with it. That said, modifications would need to be made to stop, well me, from dropping it the ocean.

Can I get someone from Newerth to give an opinion on this?

xexorian Sidgil Dielan9999 sidesummy Drastikos @Newerth

Ah, you do love us! Now stop running away and let us hug you with our blades <3

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
My point exactly everyone has anything they need and if they want money lets head to forgelight for an hour and make 1k profit on gold ores. This economy needs something besides Gold Ore because it is really messed up how it is the only block people rely on.
On top of that smelt gold pretty much makes 25% more gold on the server! (25% chance to get extra gold) and we have had 3 resource maps. This week I have found 4 unexplored caves in bastion.

Lets have it so alchys make them with Cauldrons and they are used for town requirements.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Could be a VIP currency as well *shrugs*

I was thinking of having a VIP currency at some point that had some semi-useful effect. A lot of f2p games use them, im not 100% though on the overall purpose.
When you first put the Herocraft store up, there was a transaction for sponges on there which was immediately removed as soon as I mentioned it. I would like to see them as a store transaction, and whole we're at it, placeable portal blocks.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
People should start actually buying items from players in their TD shops besides gold like TwistedWrath, Kenneth_Chow, and Jonsoon do.

We can't fix the economy until we all start working together.

Problem is if you can't sell the item then you can't buy it. Only merchants can really buy / sell anything. Most professions only get a couple items to buy / sell that are worthwhile.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
On top of that smelt gold pretty much makes 25% more gold on the server! (25% chance to get extra gold) and we have had 3 resource maps. This week I have found 4 unexplored caves in bastion.

Lets have it so alchys make them with Cauldrons and they are used for town requirements.

heck with that - get ride of Farmer's summon bat and let us grow / breed sponges.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
that would be cool, but hard to implement. also what would the materials be to breed? or to start the growth?

Sponges would need water to breed ? So a water bucket per sponge - not hard to get but more of a pain than any other animal. Maybe a fish to summon them.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
When you first put the Herocraft store up, there was a transaction for sponges on there which was immediately removed as soon as I mentioned it. I would like to see them as a store transaction, and whole we're at it, placeable portal blocks.

'Tis possible, we are standing hard against purchasing blocks and or items that might give a fair advantage .. so we have to do this with caution.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
'Tis possible, we are standing hard against purchasing blocks and or items that might give a fair advantage .. so we have to do this with caution.
I don't see it much as an advantage. All it would really be is a luxury, unnecessary building block. Just a status symbol.

I think my original suggestion with sponges involved one being required for township creating and upgrades. You wouldn't HAVE to purchase a sponge since you could buy it from other players for coin. But in that situation it would be more pay to win.

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
I'd have it so sponges can only be used on regions you are part of/can build on, and not "in the wild" where you could build!
That way you're only going to screw up you own stuff, and not the wilderness or someone's stuff.

Limit the effect on water 6 blocks or so.

To obtain:
Craftable by alchemists.
Recipe (shapeless) something like 4 wool, 2 diamonds, 2 glowstone, 1 gold block.
wool | diamond | wool
glow | gold | glow
wool | diamond | wool

Maybe a super rare drop from a spider?

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't see it much as an advantage. All it would really be is a luxury, unnecessary building block. Just a status symbol.
So is most other blocks. Glowstone, Netherbrick, Sandstone, Mossy/cracked cobble. We might as well sell these. They don't give any in game advantage. We could have 80% if blocks in the store.
You wouldn't HAVE to purchase a sponge since you could buy it from other players for coin.
If it gets to be a rare item players will sell it for coin. They see someone buying sponge in chat and immediately buy some off the store and sell it to them.[/quote]

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'd have it so sponges can only be used on regions you are part of/can build on, and not "in the wild" where you could build!
That way you're only going to screw up you own stuff, and not the wilderness or someone's stuff.

Limit the effect on water 6 blocks or so.

To obtain:
Craftable by alchemists.
Recipe (shapeless) something like 4 wool, 2 diamonds, 2 glowstone, 1 gold block.
wool | diamond | wool
glow | gold | glow
wool | diamond | wool

Maybe a super rare drop from a spider?

well, the radius for water-removal is 2R from the sponge.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Make it so sponges get rid of water in a block radius, if that isn't in vanilla already. Make them 200c per at dhx, or make them very expensive but craftable by alchemists, with a skill/cauldron. Sponges would help with town making/building. Can I get someone from Newerth to give an opinion on this?

xexorian Sidgil Dielan9999 sidesummy Drastikos @Newerth

Edit: Make them only placeable/breakable by alchemists, recipe for the making could be like, a shit ton of wood (Apparently sponges are made from wood fibers), or they can be made from like sand, wood, and something expensive.

Well, when it comes to the pricing of blocks, Kingdoms such as OS and LO have blocks that we pay weekly as kingdom tax. They include: Every type of wood, ice, endstone, grass (not dirt), among other things. This gives us a reason to obtain these blocks. However becuase the economy is in shambles right now, we have to rely on our internal member's professions to gather these items when we have plenty of coin to simply purchase them with.

So to jumpstart the economy I propose two things, but not both at the same time. They are:

1. Make DHX purchase a rotating list (not public) of materials for a limited time in the same manner it buys gold
  2. Make townships pay items in addition to coin like kingdoms do for their taxes, but not nearly as rare of items

This will cause a new demand for items that will get people trading again. Right now a fire aspect diamond weapon and fortune pickaxes/silktouches are more valuable than just about any placeable block. If we give more value to blocks that can be harvested (besides just gold) then players who are not rich, but want to make money can apply themselves to gather that resource and trade it.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree with some points you made, and disagree with others, Dielan.

While I think having more DHX shops would be beneficial, it would be putting money into the wrong people's pockets. What we would see is large groups of people camping the shops and waiting for them to change, or have people with large reserves of items just farming those shops. It would have to be highly regulated.

One way to combat this is by essentially creating a stock market for the items. The more items that are in the chest, the less coin you can sell it for. If the chest is empty, you will be paid more.
There was a plugin for something similar to this a whole ago, although I have long forgotten the name.

As for item taxes... It doesn't work as planned, IMO. When LO got kingdom status, we farmed enough materials to outlast the life of this map. We didn't buy any materials, we used professions from within our kingdom to the materials. In no way, shape or form did it contribute towards the economy.

That's the whole point of a kingdom, though. A community that works towards a common goal. Because of this everyone is willing to help, no coin required.

The new DHX rare good shop is a step in the right direction to take coin out of the game. All that is needed now is for those items to be required for certain things such as upgrades.

(Sorry for spelling an if this doesn't make sense. Typing it fast on my phone at work)

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I agree with some points you made, and disagree with others, Dielan.

While I think having more DHX shops would be beneficial, it would be putting money into the wrong people's pockets. What we would see is large groups of people camping the shops and waiting for them to change, or have people with large reserves of items just farming those shops. It would have to be highly regulated.

One way to combat this is by essentially creating a stock market for the items. The more items that are in the chest, the less coin you can sell it for. If the chest is empty, you will be paid more.
There was a plugin for something similar to this a whole ago, although I have long forgotten the name.

I see your point. For example if Lapis Lazuli or Chiseled Sandstone ever went up for purchase by DHX I'd be filthy rich (Ever wonder why the deserts in Bastion look like wastelands without any sand? ;D). However we need a way to put value back on blocks, and if we do it in a manner that is timed then the market will start spinning. People will start trading when they otherwise wouldn't, and that would be a great help.