• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Make it possible to get sponges, Revive the economy.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
If you didn't know already there is an unobtainable block in vanilla minecraft itself called the Sponge. It does something the Herocraft Architects and builders dream of or some of them at least..... Drain water! I was wondering if there can be a way to make it obtainable and a decently rare block it will not only destroy hassles of building the lovely towns of bastion but it will also kinda help revive the economy another block to sell another block to buy everyone is happy happy.
==========

So how would you obtain the sponge block any ideas?
Yes 2

- Make it a rare mob drop from a certain mob

- Have an expensive DHX shop selling sponges

- (Your Idea here)

Thanks for reading.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Could be a VIP currency as well *shrugs*

I was thinking of having a VIP currency at some point that had some semi-useful effect. A lot of f2p games use them, im not 100% though on the overall purpose.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
If you didn't know already there is an unobtainable block in vanilla minecraft itself called the Sponge. It does something the Herocraft Architects and builders dream of or some of them at least..... Drain water! I was wondering if there can be a way to make it obtainable and a decently rare block it will not only destroy hassles of building the lovely towns of bastion but it will also kinda help revive the economy another block to sell another block to buy everyone is happy happy.
==========

Yes 2

- (Your Idea here)

Thanks for reading.
According to Minecraft Wiki, Sponges drained water only in Classic and Indev, so unless we get a plugin that makes it drain water, that shouldnt be possible.
Anyway, if we do make Sponges possible to get, they could be used as a decorative, or possibly something important like town upgrades or something, to make them useful. Maybe Alchemists could make them with Cauldrons as a level 60 (or 65 if profession level cap is increased at some point) skill?

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
According to Minecraft Wiki, Sponges drained water only in Classic and Indev, so unless we get a plugin that makes it drain water, that shouldnt be possible.
Anyway, if we do make Sponges possible to get, they could be used as a decorative, or possibly something important like town upgrades or something, to make them useful. Maybe Alchemists could make them with Cauldrons as a level 60 (or 65 if profession level cap is increased at some point) skill?

I used to play on a regular bukkit server and sponges worked for me without a special plugin so I don't know all I am saying is it would be a cool idea :p

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I used to play on a regular bukkit server and sponges worked for me without a special plugin so I don't know all I am saying is it would be a cool idea :p
Yeah, it would actually be a cool idea. You could do things like make a town in the bottom of a sea without having to place a ton of blocks to remove water.

FuturizeHandgun

Glowstone
What about an increase to the rares market, to get money to really flow. DiabloDrops with custom item spawns would be great. Players would trade up for rares, Party hat like items that may have the explosion effect on their item. Not only would those items pose as rare, like Easter eggs or party hats from RS, but also have a use to them with weird and funky enchants. My two cents :/

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
What about an increase to the rares market, to get money to really flow. DiabloDrops with custom item spawns would be great. Players would trade up for rares, Party hat like items that may have the explosion effect on their item. Not only would those items pose as rare, like Easter eggs or party hats from RS, but also have a use to them with weird and funky enchants. My two cents :/
I like it the economy atm is kinda dead.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
People should start actually buying items from players in their TD shops besides gold like TwistedWrath, Kenneth_Chow, and Jonsoon do.

We can't fix the economy until we all start working together.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
People should start actually buying items from players in their TD shops besides gold like TwistedWrath, Kenneth_Chow, and Jonsoon do.

I see quite a bit of people buying and selling. It is the gold in my opinion that ruined the economy and how long this map has been running for a lot of the active players been here for months and have a lot they need. The newer players however have everything they need and the TD traffic is kind of low comparing the numbers we have online at a time.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
werwew190 the economy is really flooded atm. Last map I don't think that the maps were ever regenerated. Also mob arenas ate up the diamonds. This increased player trade because players needed more things. Now I can get pretty much anything I want. I think that more diamonds/rare things should be drained from the economy. Think of it. Forge light+ 2 warshards. Also bastion is bigger this map. That's the problem with trying to have the maps regen.[DOUBLEPOST=1370803984,1370803942][/DOUBLEPOST]Think about how much more gold and diamond are around since last map.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
werwew190 the economy is really flooded atm. Last map I don't think that the maps were ever regenerated. Also mob arenas ate up the diamonds. This increased player trade because players needed more things. Now I can get pretty much anything I want. I think that more diamonds/rare things should be drained from the economy. Think of it. Forge light+ 2 warshards. Also bastion is bigger this map. That's the problem with trying to have the maps regen.[DOUBLEPOST=1370803984,1370803942][/DOUBLEPOST]Think about how much more gold and diamond are around since last map.
My point exactly everyone has anything they need and if they want money lets head to forgelight for an hour and make 1k profit on gold ores. This economy needs something besides Gold Ore because it is really messed up how it is the only block people rely on.

MajorasMask

Ungodly

The problem with the economy is that the TD wasn't available at the start of the map, and that resources are very abundant. It's difficult to tell people to just ''buy more'', because there is no need.

monkeyfatzer

Legacy Supporter 3
==========

Yes 2

- (Your Idea here)

Thanks for reading.

Make it so sponges get rid of water in a block radius, if that isn't in vanilla already. Make them 200c per at dhx, or make them very expensive but craftable by alchemists, with a skill/cauldron. Sponges would help with town making/building. Can I get someone from Newerth to give an opinion on this?

xexorian Sidgil Dielan9999 sidesummy Drastikos @Newerth

Edit: Make them only placeable/breakable by alchemists, recipe for the making could be like, a shit ton of wood (Apparently sponges are made from wood fibers), or they can be made from like sand, wood, and something expensive.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
if this helps any I bought diamonds a bit ago from twisted cus I can never seem to find any... not everyone is lucky enough to go to forgelite for an hour and come back with 1K coin...

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
if this helps any I bought diamonds a bit ago from twisted cus I can never seem to find any... not everyone is lucky enough to go to forgelite for an hour and come back with 1K coin...

Most people who run 2k blocks and mine at 20 will be lucky enough to get a bit over a stack of gold mining for gold really kinda screwed up the economy.