• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Make it free to switch back to crafter.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
There is no reason anyone would switch back to crafter but to max it if they skipped it with a codex and then want to change to another class later on. Currently it costs 500 to switch back to crafter, 100 more then any other profession.

My main motive.... I maxed crafter it in less then a day and switched to engineer. Now that I want to try switching to merchant it is saying I need to master crafter. I heard the exp requirements for leveling up has been changed and assume this is why I'm no longer level 20 with it. And no, I have yet to use a codex this map so I didn't accidentally skip it.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I agree.

Crafter is free to start with, and there's no reason to make it cost to change back into it - particularly so as this particular situation has only arisen because the exp tables have been changed.

spiralz

Obsidian
I agree.

Crafter is free to start with, and there's no reason to make it cost to change back into it - particularly so as this particular situation has only arisen because the exp tables have been changed.

Sorry for going a bit off topic, but what is this about exp tables changing? What has changed exactly?

I suppose changing back to Crafter for free would have no downsides. Maybe having an NPC at Exchange that will trade something really cheap for a Crafter codex or something could work better than coding the change into Heroes, but I really don't know.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
See no problem with this. Especially since you will be required to pay or use a codex to switch back to the a profession anyway.
Can't really be exploited either.
The few souls you would receive to master crafter, that one diamond or the title aren't worth it in my opinion, but well, let the people do it if they really want to!?
According to lore you start out as a Crafter. All professions are based on the Crafter. The connection to switch back can therefore be for free as well, if you are taking it from a lorewise/mechanical perspective.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Only problem with this is as long as you are a crafter, warp is free.
And you lack every actual prof skill, plus non-free warp is extremely cheap.
Even when spec'd profs didn't have warp, there were people who stayed crafter for it. That's their choice.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
Only problem with this is as long as you are a crafter, warp is free.
It only costs 3 redstone blocks now to warp, so that's not a big deal. It would cost 400c to switch back to the profession you switched out of though so I doubt anyone would do that unless they were beyond desperate.