• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Make Clerics more supporter

Im runing a Cleric, that the charcter class that i always plays in rpg games, and i realized that clerics here needs more skills that support a team. Like a blessing that incrases attack power for a while, incrased speed or incrased defense. The normal Buffs. Maybe it can be added to the holy aura.

Its because Clerics are weak at pvp, so they need something to make them indispensable. At this point clerics are only needed to heal, but they must be needed for buffs too.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Normally, I ignore people who don't even take the time to proofread their own title.....BUT I sorta agree. It's kinda difficult due to holidays and the upcoming Shaman class, but we are trying to make the healer classes more fun and viable.

You are wrong at on point though. Clerics are great in pvp. (against melee classes at least) If you know how to play well you can kite forever and kill the enemy by spamming smite 10 times.

I wouldn't mind cleric getting more utility/support skills, but they will still remain a heavily heal reliant class.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
clerics are really horrible except in group fights. I would not 1v1 with them vs pretty much anything other than maybe necro / ranger / beguiler unless i was packing lots of lava. Even then, any of those classes can just turn and run at any point and cleric will not catch them.

Maybe thats the intent, but they are no where near as good as they were last map in 1v1 fights. Mana just cant hold up as long, and if your enemy is wearing prot armor you will do maybe 10 dmg per hit in melee, and would need 40 int or so to do dmg with smite comparable to last map. The only way they are in anyway viable is when using fiery enchant, which should probably just be removed from server.

I think the group heals should be nerfed, or at least made more complicated than "heals everybody around you", give them more interesting and powerful single target heal mechanics. I would also love some sacrifice based damage mechanics, where you do more damage but healing or mana regen or something is reduced for a period of time.

Last edited: