• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Lore Theories

ezmac

ICE ICE ICE!
I just wanted to throw this out there. I've read through a couple threads but couldn't really find any lore on why there are monsters. So, I wanted to throw some creative thought out there. Since monsters are a big part of this game and all.

Just wanted to establish how I thought the world worked with lore as I understand it (Throwing in some ideas). This format will give out a known fact, or rule of the world and then try to give reason for it. (Keep in mind that this can get a little over simplified at times).

(Known Fact)- Every Hero has a Soul (We are called lost souls, therefore we must be a soul right?)
{Theories}
-Every human like creature has a soul.
-We are created that way.

(Known Fact)- Monsters sometimes give off souls in the form gems, and fragments.
{Theories}
-Monsters have souls
-Monsters are dark twisted souls.
or
-Monsters stole souls from somewhere else.

(Known Fact)- Soul fragments can be found in ores underground
{Theories}
-Souls attach themselves to those materials at random
or
-Everything has a soul. Even the world itself.
or
-The are fragments of souls that have died and were buried.

(Known Fact)- You spawn in Haven/Shrine. The creators of this world have made it a sanctuary.
{Theories}
-This is the hub of souls for this world, and thus new souls will spawn there.

(Known Fact)- The farther you get from spawn, the stronger monsters become
{Theories}
-The influence of 'Gods' is weaker the farther you get from spawn. Thus, stronger monsters.

(Known Fact)- You exchange souls in order to spec.
{Theories}
-You can only become so powerful. By exchanging souls to the 'Gods' you are granted powers beyond your natural ability, and you are given a set of skills in order balance powers with others.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I just wanted to throw this out there. I've read through a couple threads but couldn't really find any lore on why there are monsters. So, I wanted to throw some creative thought out there. Since monsters are a big part of this game and all.

Just wanted to establish how I thought the world worked with lore as I understand it (Throwing in some ideas). This format will give out a known fact, or rule of the world and then try to give reason for it. (Keep in mind that this can get a little over simplified at times).

(Known Fact)- Every Hero has a Soul (We are called lost souls, therefore we must be a soul right?)
{Theories}
-Every human like creature has a soul.
-We are created that way.

(Known Fact)- Monsters sometimes give off souls in the form gems, and fragments.
{Theories}
-Monsters have souls
-Monsters are dark twisted souls.
or
-Monsters stole souls from somewhere else.

(Known Fact)- Soul fragments can be found in ores underground
{Theories}
-Souls attach themselves to those materials at random
or
-Everything has a soul. Even the world itself.
or
-The are fragments of souls that have died and were buried.

(Known Fact)- You spawn in Haven/Shrine. The creators of this world have made it a sanctuary.
{Theories}
-This is the hub of souls for this world, and thus new souls will spawn there.

(Known Fact)- The farther you get from spawn, the stronger monsters become
{Theories}
-The influence of 'Gods' is weaker the farther you get from spawn. Thus, stronger monsters.

(Known Fact)- You exchange souls in order to spec.
{Theories}
-You can only become so powerful. By exchanging souls to the 'Gods' you are granted powers beyond your natural ability, and you are given a set of skills in order balance powers with others.
This explains so much 0_0

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/herocraft-archeology-the-lore-project.6551/

This has some answers to some of your theories.

Lost Souls
Floating through the eternity are Lost Souls, the spirits and minds of those who could possibly be. They have no body, no location, no feeling for the movement of time. They simply, exist. They do, however, contain drive and motivation, for none wish to remain as they are. Many want to live, live in a world they can experience and enjoy. Many want to be brought about for the destruction of these worlds. And some simply want to know what it is to be a true being. They are drawn to places such as the Multiverse, for there they can be given dimension and matter, allowed to affect what is around them. Knowing not time, they simply appear where they wish, unless blocked or otherwise barricaded against by the inhabitants of the world they seek entrance.

Haven - Seventh Land of Souls

The creation of Haven is an interesting tale. While the previous lands have been settled for reasons of hardship and strife, Haven was just that, a place to get away, to relax. Kainzo and Apherdite wanted a place for their own, where they could retreat to and escape the constant needs and troubles of the rest of Zolaria. And so, they had their architects construct them an island fortress of stone clay, surrounded by beaches and water. The walls were built in shades of purple and grey, and the keep was filled with gardens and banquet halls and luxury. However, with the ever-expanding population of Zolaria, it is difficult for even the Elders to keep something of such magnitude secret for long, and soon an emmigration began. Flocks of souls from Bastion poured into this new paradise, and began to create new communities, new towns, new lives. Compounding this growth was the development of the "Hub" by some of the Zo and the Architects. This hub was meant as a way to facilitate travel between distant locations so the souls could more easily move goods and themselves. The Hub acted as a massive crossroads of portals, connecting Haven to other lands deemed still habitable by the Elders.

Elder Zo
Kainzo: Kainzo is, in the eyes of his charges, a god. The Multiverse being his vision, his creation, he has complete control of the fabric of its existence. He has no magic, no mystical abilities like those given to the heroes. He simply wishes something, and it is done. As the creator of the Multiverse, all souls must bend to his will and observe his demands, or risk being torn from their body and cast back into the Ether from whence they came. For this is his reality, and we are simply given the privilege of living within it.

Seen as a figure clad in robes darker than the eyes of a creeper, he patrols the lands, observing the goings-on of the souls in his domain and modifying the world to his whim. He is a temperamental being, however, and can not be counted on to act in a way which you would assume he would. A grievance to the world he created could be seen as a joke, eliciting a reaction of amusement. It could also be seen as an affront to his will and his world, and responded with a slap from his mighty invisible hand, having the offender's mouth sewn shut as to render them mute, or simply cast back into the nothingness of the Ether. Beware, he brought this world to being, and views all souls as given the utmost privilege of allowing to become a physical entity within. Do not test him, for his arms are ever-reaching, and his temper short.

Apherdite: It is unknown whether Apherdite was a part of the creation of the Multiverse, a soul who realized their potential the same as Kainzo, or was birthed by the Multiverse as an opposite and balance to Kainzo. She is his other half in terms of power and authority. As previously mentioned, though, she appears to be the balance of Kainzo. Where he is the obsidian rule that governs all, she is seen as the more understanding deity of this place. Do not be fooled, though. While revered as the "Queen of Bunnies", she has a temper as forged and heated as Kainzo, especially in defense of his actions. For not all of the souls seem to be content with the honor they are given, and think that as Heroes they should be able to have more control over that which the Elder Zo hold sway. She will protect this place and its inhabitants as fiercely as any others, no matter how many red flowers or beds in the pattern of hearts you offer to sate her.

Zo
These are the original souls. The first to pass through the barrier into the Multiverse. Having proven their undying loyalty and devotion to that what is the Multiverse, they are seen as second only to Kainzo and Apherdite themselves. These souls were given the ability and rights to affect the world in almost the same fashion as the Elder Zo. However, the defining difference is unlike the Elder Zo, these souls were granted the skills imparted on their position. They do not contain within them the innate understanding that the Elders do, and therefore are under a certain level of control which they can not overcome.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
Though i do like some of your theories just need to be modified a little and use the right terminology , if you ever have lore questions you can usually find me on teamspeak at night.

Also i do personally believe that the foundation lore for the server needs to be expanded more and streamlined into the current lore.

Last edited:

ezmac

ICE ICE ICE!
If you ever have lore questions you can usually find me on teamspeak at night.

Also i do personally believe that the foundation lore for the server needs to be expanded more and streamlined into the current lore.

Thanks Archy ;)

New Theory 'Soul Cycle'

Heroes kill monster and mine in order to released souls from a dark detrimental state. Those fragments of souls are then taken to the hub of the world (the spawn) in order to be released into their true state. Those souls are given back to the hero in order to be exchanged later to the 'Zo' in order to gain more power. The Zo take those souls back to the hub to become new heroes. Thus, creating a never ending cycle.

Hero→Kills/ Mines for fragmentsFragment Released into SoulsSouls Exchanged for powerGiven to Zo→Reform into new heroesNew hero begins killing/mining to gain power

And this continues forever.

Ultanian

Portal

Thanks Archy ;)

New Theory 'Soul Cycle'

Heroes kill monster and mine in order to released souls from a dark detrimental state. Those fragments of souls are then taken to the hub of the world (the spawn) in order to be released into their true state. Those souls are given back to the hero in order to be exchanged later to the 'Zo' in order to gain more power. The Zo take those souls back to the hub to become new heroes. Thus, creating a never ending cycle.

Hero→Kills/ Mines for fragmentsFragment Released into SoulsSouls Exchanged for powerGiven to Zo→Reform into new heroesNew hero begins killing/mining to gain power

This could explain how new heroes join the server xD

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
Thanks Archy ;)

New Theory 'Soul Cycle'

Interesting theory indeed i like it.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
I will comment on this, but I need to run. I'll get to it next Wednesday, heh.

zjacob1

Gold

Thanks Archy ;)

New Theory 'Soul Cycle'

Soooo.... Does that mean, at one point, before the Zo materialized me into existence, that I was currency (souls)? I wonder what hero traded me in, and for what they purchased in exchange?

...probably for something dumb, like bread, or an egg :p

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Soooo.... Does that mean, at one point, before the Zo materialized me into existence, that I was currency (souls)? I wonder what hero traded me in, and for what they purchased in exchange?

...probably for something dumb, like bread, or an egg :p
I want to be from the @Yavool redstone shop near the exchange XD I use that shop waaaay to much!

Mustardmanmcgee

Legacy Supporter 3
Though i do like some of your theories just need to be modified a little and use the right terminology , if you ever have lore questions you can usually find me on teamspeak at night.

How about we make a checklist of thing that we need to write lore for? I can start one right now:

1. An explanation of Herogates

2. What the end is, and how it fits in with the birth of the multiverse

3. A further explanation of what withers and wither skeletons are and how they came to be

4. Ender dragon..?

@ezmac @archceaser Anything else come to mind?

Oh also, ezmac, can I have permission to use your soul cycle theory in a project?

Last edited: