• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

List of possible mods that could be implemented

Regis

Soulsand
I was just wondering if this would be a good mod that could be implmented into the server? The mod is called Chococraft and it adds chocobos from the Final Fantasy series into the game. The reason I want to put this out here is that it could possibly give players something else to be creative with. The mod would allow such things as: Gysahli farms, Chocobo ranches, Towns could build their own tracks to host races in and would posibbly allow mounted combat, or just a faster way for players to travel around the map. So here is the link http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/952372-chococraft-12-mc-11-chocobos-now-fly/ So that peaple and the admins can take a look at the thread and see what they think. The only probem I believe that would possibly be bad about it is that there would need to be some minor tweaks so that other types of chocobos would not be able to fly and such.

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
Never played any FF game, I doubt most of HC has either (except the majority of the vets I'm guessing)

My opinion: Super cute... but only after mo' creatures.

Regis

Soulsand
Well it is just a suggestion that would add a little somethign extra to the server. I think it would be cool for towns to host their very own races and to set up ranchs and trade chocobo types with other players.

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
Well it is just a suggestion that would add a little somethign extra to the server. I think it would be cool for towns to host their very own races and to set up ranchs and trade chocobo types with other players.

@Kainzo would probably be interested now that I think about it, his name is from FF too

Anyway I think most of HC would want mo' creatures first, rather than something out of gamer culture that not everyone will be able to relate with. Both of these mods will have to wait for Modding API though, and we're not sure how long that's going to take :/

Regis

Soulsand
I agree. I suck at making lists in forums and such, but I just wanted to suggest something that wouldbe unique and yes i agree with you on the Mo Creatures mod as it is also a very cool one and would be awsome to have in.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
It is a single player only mod, meaning it does not work with any servers. Even if it did, the reasons Heroes is not more than what it is and we do not have a cool GUI for it by now is that Kainzo is against mods that require the players to install things in order to play (and the GUI is low on the list to do). He wants the server to be as awesome as possible without any required downloads except for Minecraft itself. At least until Jeb adds a feature (hopefully) that forces the client to download custom files when they connect to the server, so the mods could be installed automatically.

Summary for the lazy: Kainzo doesn't like client side installed mods to be required, and this is a single player mod and won't work on any server.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I think this to be far from what Kain wants. He is actually looking to make a unique MMO here with minor influences from other games. To put other content in would defeat all of his hard work and make the possibility of his own MMO lower. Not to sound mean, but this will never happen, not like this anyways. At the best, he might add mounts later on when we get the Herocraft client.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
I think this to be far from what Kain wants. He is actually looking to make a unique MMO here with minor influences from other games. To put other content in would defeat all of his hard work and make the possibility of his own MMO lower. Not to sound mean, but this will never happen, not like this anyways. At the best, he might add mounts later on when we get the Herocraft client.

dungeon and dragons, zelda, final fantasy, World of Warcraft, etc, etc, etc, etc........

everything in the game relates to some other game........and it aint minor lol

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
dungeon and dragons, zelda, final fantasy, World of Warcraft, etc, etc, etc, etc........

everything in the game relates to some other game........and it aint minor lol
Kain would bash your throat for that haha. I know its not minor, but he seriously plans to make his own MMO out of this and I was only being honest, I seriously doubt this mod would be used or at least not in the manner it is in. I think mounts of the sort might be a decent idea though.

Regardless of the rip offs Kain has, I think a Chocobo might push it a bit.

Regis

Soulsand
Well it is only a suggestion. Course i know the mod is not ready to be put into MP, which the creator is currently trying to work on. I just thought it would be something interesting that could be taken into consideration.

malmenca

Diamond
cool suggestion. Unfortunately victim is right in the sense that it wont happen,

Plasma your very right indeed on the "minor influences".... LOL

Aetosion

Obsidian
Maybe make mounting mooshrooms faster transportation, and mountable. Add this to farmers being able to spawn mooshrooms at master level, and you have a stable buisness. I should really master crafter...

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
This is a client only mod and cannot effect a server in any way. Which means its impossible to implement on to herocraft in the first place. And like someone above said, kainzo doesnt want to force people to use custom clients or mods to play on the server. Something that adds item to the game will prob (i could be wrong) never be implemented.